POS for business

Options
Paul Longworth
Paul Longworth Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Hi.What is the best way to use Reckon POS ? I was using Quickbook 2010/2011 Plus with Retail Point of Sale 2010/2011 as my POS and inventory software for dailybusiness. I use Hosted for my accounting.I had to replace my PC that ran POS .I do not want to pay to upgrade POS/Plus to run my business and still pay for Hosted to do my accounting. What is the best solution ?

Comments

• Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Reckon POS is not currently a hosted application.  I am running Reckon POS 2014 Professional as an application on a local server and Reckon Accounts 2014 Hosted.  After performing the end of day process on all POS terminals I must upload the end of day files from the server to Reckon Accounts 2014 Hosted.  The applications are integrated and the process I have been using has worked well for years.  However, synchronizing the Hosted and local applications is tedious.  I am willing to provide further information if you wish.
  • Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Reckon Accounts Hosted provides secure, multiple user, remote access to the application.  That is why I require the Hosted application.  Whilst remote access can be established in other ways (such as provided under Windows or a Citrix based solution such as GoToMyPC), firewall issues need to be managed.  Besides, the annual fee for a Professional Partner provides a range of software and three licences for the Hosted solution.  The needs of users are many and varied and there is no single configuration or solution that suits everyone.
  • Paul Longworth
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.I use Hosted for easy access to my accounting at any location.I use POS at my business because I have used it before there was Hosted.I suppose my real issue is that after reinstalling Plus 2010 ,my backups won't work as they have to be R2 not R1 as my reinstall is.I have read many posts on this on this site any have not really seen a solution.All I need is access to an upgrade from Plus 2010 R1 to R2.
    Cheers
  • Paul Longworth
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks Kevin.Now I just need to find out how to activate my Plus 2010/2011.When I try to through the software it just comes up with an error.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Paul, give us a call on 1800 RECKON and our staff can manually register for you! ^Mirko.
  • Paul Longworth
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just want to thanks Kevin Russell for helping me out.Cheers