Why isn't the promotional prices applied to weighted items in POS?

Options
Brook Fraser
Brook Fraser Member Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in Point of Sale
Hi

I am trying to use promo for items sold by weight. If a promo item has a promo discount of $2, and the sale weight is <=0.5kg, no discount is applied, if the sale weight is >0.5 and <1.5 $2 discount is applies across this entire range, >=1.5 and <=2.5 a 4$ discount is applies across the entire range etc. The discount needs to be applied relative to the weight. Have I set this up incorrectly or is this an issue that needs fixing?

Thanks

Comments

• Michael_6531583
    Michael_6531583 Alumni Posts: 23
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Brook,

Thank you for your question.

I have done some testing on my end and I get the following results.

If I sell:
    • 0.5kg = no discount
    • 0.6kg - 1.4kg = $0.50 discount
    • 1.5kg - 2.5kg = $1 discount
    • 2.6kg = $1.50 discount

So what it is doing is rounding to the nearest whole unit, then applying the discount.

I have already passed this to our Development Team to look into for future releases.

In the meantime, please try the following workaround:

Use a dollar discount button with the ‘Discount unit price’ option ticked. You can also set a preset discount amount (per KG) if you like. For example, if you give this button a preset discount amount of 50 cents, and sell 2.4 kg of oranges, the discount will be calculated at 2.4 x 0.5, which will be $1.20 discount.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael

• Brook Fraser
    Brook Fraser Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This may be a workaround, but it is extremely impractical. We run multiple promo's that change weekly, all items have different discounts applied and then it would be required that staff know which of the constantly changing item is on special this week. Not practical.

You say that this will be fixed in future releases, that is very open ended. Which future release? Next version or in the 10th next version?

This software was purchased so that it would allow me to continue to implement the specials that we run instore and the idea of getting a POS system is to make things easier. This is a feature that the software should  handle, however it is an obvious bug in the software as you have acknowledged and requires fixing. The software you have delivered is broken and requires immediate repair not in some future release. Please let me know why a product that does not do what it is supposed to do does not need a bit more urgency than in some future release?

I do realise that this may not be a feature that everyone uses and as such you may not put a priority on it. If we however compare this to the purchase of a car with an air conditioner, not everyone needs to use the air conditioner for what ever reason. If you were one of those that needed to use it, do you think that it would be acceptable if you were told that it can't be fixed now you have to wait until you purchase a new car sometime down the track and it might be next model or some other model after that. I think not.

Please take into consideration what I have just mentioned.

Thanks
  • Michael_6531583
    Michael_6531583 Alumni Posts: 23
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Brook,

I understand your frustration. I have forwarded your experience and comments to our Developers. We have word that they recognise the issue and will fix it, but it will be within their normal course of product development. We are unable to say whether it will make it to the next release or the following release. Thank you for your feedback. 

Regards,
    Michael