PP2016 Share Prices NOT updating

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

PP2016 not updating share prices tonight, Thursday 7 July 2016. Can normally update from 8.30 pm. No word from Reckon that there is an issue, but we don't normally get that until it hasn't worked for at least a week. This is happening just too often.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

• 3,170 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of BHH

BHH

• 60 Points
Same here - ASX stock quotes not downloading!
Photo of gavin.nicholson.au

gavin.nicholson.au

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
same here
Photo of st

st

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Ditto
Photo of John Norris

John Norris

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Try shutting down program and reopening to see if has updated. This has been working for me for the past few weeks. Yes a real PITA.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

Tried it but same sh***y result. Don't you just love this software? You can spend (no waste) so much time in hope that it works.
Photo of Steve R

Steve R

• 72 Points
Same here
Photo of David

David

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
US prices updating but not ASX.
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here. ASX prices not updating.
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If I'm not mistaken - this exact (or very similar) error happened around the same time last year. See https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/share-price-download-issues-july-15th-2015

Maybe someone forgot to pay the electricity bill on time!!

Let's hope it can be fixed in 24hrs - unlike the last time...

Note the comment from George Carnie (in the hyperlinked linked conversation) about 12months ago: "just realised that the stock price downloads have not been occurring for me since July 6." .... Sounds strangely familiar...
(Edited)
Photo of Ross Aitken

Ross Aitken

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My stock update is down too. Currencies update ok. These guys don't seem to have any corporate memory or change control.
(Edited)
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

I haven't tried this morning, but then I haven't heard from Reckon. Where's the customer support? or is that an oxymoron?
Photo of Doug

Doug

Someone at Reckon needs to check their server systems.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry for the frustration this has caused.Thanks for your reports on this, we're looking into this as we speak and I'll give you an update as soon as I can.

Rav
Photo of Joe Bust

Joe Bust

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Rav. The ASX downloads are missing the current day's data. This has been happening since last Thursday. Why .......
Photo of Frank t

Frank t

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled personal plus.

Aust share prices not downloading. After the us recent price fiasco this is just getting a little monotonous. Must admit I am now starting to get with what seems to be the majority here. When will reckon get their act together!!!!!!
Photo of A Hewitt

A Hewitt

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The update transactions from ANZ also do not work, this has been a problem for over a week now. Cant update my trades (although until today the share prices updated ok) so I have to manually
 record my trades into quicken which is very time consuming. error code is OL-221-A any ideas? 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Our team have identified the cause of this issue and have proceeded toward working on the fix.

I'll provide a further update in regard to timeframes as soon as it becomes apparent.

Thank you all for your patience.

Rav
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i am unable to down load share price information on 3/11/2015 Why? The problem is....
PP2016 / Win7 Pro working at 10:45AM 8/7/2016 showing 7/7/2016 results for say:  "TLS"

seems related to IP 209.234.225.172  again  (Markit_on_demand.)

This is perhaps assisted if the following entries exist in HOSTS fiile:

209.234.225.172   q2008patch.quicken.com
#        The above line moves wireshark to then complain it can't resolve:    qw2011.quicken.com
#
184.169.161.159   qw2011.quicken.com

Gary
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Our Dev team have implemented the fix to resolve this issue and share price downloads are now working correctly.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks again for your patience and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Rav
Photo of David Hynd

David Hynd

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
ASX prices not updating for Friday's ;prices.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

It is not working correctly. Today is 12th July and it's not working yet. Let's not declare victory too soon.
Photo of Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant

Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 1,082 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Is this isolated to Personal Plus or just the 2016 version?  I am running Win 7 Pro and Home and Business 2015 - no problems whatsoever.
Lesley
Photo of Doug

Doug

Thanks, Rav. The Dev team's fix seems to have solved the issue for last night's share price downloads. Hopefully this fix is permanent and this issue does not occur again.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

It's not fixed for most users. Must not be just one problem.
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Working for me now too. Much quicker fix than the experience we had 12 months ago... well done.
Photo of A Hewitt

A Hewitt

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
although the share price is updating now I still cannot download share transactions of the ANZ Etrade web site. ANZ downloads the QFX file ok but quicken wont upload the file. Any thoughts!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 73,996 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there,

This is something our Development team are looking into a the moment, could you flick me your Customer ID and contact details to community@reckon.com and I can update you directly once I receive more information.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Live4life

Live4life

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am using 2015 and experienced the no share price problem last night.

Today it did download, however, can someone tell me why I must either:

1. Shut the programme, or
2. Go to another date and return to today's date before any prices appear in the Portfolio table.

This problem has been daily for at least a month with no response from Reckon!

Regards to all and best of luck for some more speedy fixes.

Live4life
Photo of st

st

It's the same with my 2016 version.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

Hey you guys, you don't have to put up with these problems but using work-a-rounds. Don't give Reckon an excuse to not treat this with the urgency it deserves. You purchased this software and should expect it to work reliably. The button is named Download and I expect it to do just that.
Photo of st

st

8.41 pm Friday night and the download of ASX share prices is not working.   I'm using Reckon Personal Accounts 2016 on Win 7 Pro.

An earlier post I read this afternoon informed everyone that the problem had been rectified.   It hasn't. 
Photo of Doug

Doug

8:51 pm Friday night and the download of ASX share prices is not working. Windows 10, Personal Plus 2016. Looks like the Dev team's fix worked for only one day.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gotta hand it to you guys, you are some dedicated customers to hang around with this ongoing issue that keeps coming and going but never completely solved! I would have uninstalled it years ago and moved on to another product or is there no other product on the market?
Photo of st

st

I'm rolling my own.   For many years I've wanted to do it, but other things kept getting in the way.   This time around I bit the bullet and decided to do an hour here, two hours there and sometimes many hours in a stint.   

Now I'm designing some data entry screens, listing screens and basic reports, enough to enable daily use.   By no means polished to start with but I'll be able to develop further as well as using the system; I'll have full control.
Foreign exchange was a difficult concept to grasp at first but after much study (data schemas & accounting) it's relatively easy to record.

In about 3 or 4 weeks I should be in a position to go live with my system.   I will have enough time left on my Reckon subscription to check things if I need to.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Interesting Steven...... Sounds like you have been busy. At the going rate, you might be able to polish it up and on sell it to some people here. This thread seems to have exploded overnight from unhappy customers!
Photo of st

st

I posted a problem earlier in the week (may have been last week) that because I'm on Windows 7 - the print to pdf function does not work.   I want this feature at this time of year for my tax reports.   From what I can gather, Reckon has no intention of fixing that.   Now add these intermittent problems regarding this current issue and I'm getting madder by the minute. 

Here's my assumption regarding the no share price data downloads.   Reckon have a subscription with a data provider, every year the renewal is due and for whatever reason, the bill is not paid.   The data provider pulls the plug.    If they change data providers, I find it difficult to understand how Reckon can constantly be making the same mistakes year after year.

I'm not sure what relationship Reckon have with Quicken overseas, but the feeling overseas is that Quicken personal maybe on the way out.   I sense that from their forum (on Google Groups) as most are looking for alternative programs.

I'm more than happy to post or share my notes on conversion, but it does require knowledge of database programming.   I have a programming background, but that is not my day to day job.
Steven - can you call me please:   Gary  0408994799
Photo of st

st

Re - the Windows 7 and print to PDF problem.   Thanks Gary, PDFCreator program did the trick.   
Photo of Live4life

Live4life

20:55 Friday night. It looks like our trials and tribulations are again with us with the share price downloads. I am using the 2015 version on Win 7 Pro.

I was able to download Thursday night's prices on Friday, however, tonight I cannot download the Friday share prices.

I even tried changing the dates backwards and forwards after the "download finished," which is my new annoying normal, although it did not work this time. Neither did shutting down the programme and restarting it. John Norris alluded to this "fix" earlier, but I have not heard anything from Reckon explaining what their solution could be.
Photo of John-T

John-T

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Download a copy of the new qwutil.dll (released about 20 June, 2016), which fixes the problem that you're referring to.  Good luck!
Photo of Live4life

Live4life

Thanks John,
After some searching, I found the link to the new qwutil.dll, however, until the share prices download again, I cannot test it.
Photo of Grimmace

Grimmace

• 72 Points
I tried this John and it still didn't work. I am using PP2015 with Win10 Pro. I agree with all other earlier comments and do wonder why this happens every June-July and why this can happen with regularly. If there was a better solution I would use it.
Photo of John-T

John-T

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

I think the reason for no share price download tonight (Friday) is due to the fact that there was a delay in the ASX releasing the EOD prices.  My EOD data supplier only uploaded the prices about half an hour ago (9:30 PM), instead of between 7:00 and 7:30 PM.

When the prices are late like that Reckon doesn't seem to be able to handle it, and they don't get updated till the next day - if we're lucky.  And tomorrow being Saturday I won't be holding my breath. :-)

Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

• 1,262 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It's 10:30 pm AEST and I still can't get my share price downloads to display in Portfolio view.  This has been going on for a month.  I've posted another thread, but I have received no answer from Reckon.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

Many excuses... Don't fall for it. You paid for it. If they can't provide the goods they need to be in another business, just not this one.
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

Why is this issue marked as "solved" in the heading if it hasn't been solved?
Photo of Live4life

Live4life

Peter,
John suggests that our "share price etc display" problem in Portfolio view that we are experiencing may be fixed with the following, but as the non of the ASX share prices are downloading today, Friday, I have not been able to test it.

(It comes from Rav, Online Community Manager and was suggested in solving a different problem.)

Steps to fix the issue: -

1) Close Reckon Accounts Personal

2) Download http://downloads.reckon.com.au/qwutil.dll

3) Copy the above file into your Reckon Personal 2015 or 2016 installation folder (by default this would be C:\\Program Files\Reckon Accounts Personal)

4) When you get the message saying qwutil.dll already exists. Do you want to replace it?' select 'Yes'

5) Once the file has been saved, open Reckon Accounts Personal and you will be able to download US Share Prices.

Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

Live4life,

Thanks you.  However, I am not trying to download US share prices.  My problem is with display of ASX200 share prices after they HAVE been downloaded.
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

There are two separate problems - possibly unrelated.  I hope Reckon will fix them both.

1.  The occasional failure of the price downloads.  Most of the discussion on this thread is about this issue.

2.  Since May, I (and apparently others) have been having an issue where the Portfolio View does not update when we do the price downloads.  However, the account balances on the left of the screen do update, so we know the prices have downloaded.  If we close and reopen Reckon PP, or Validate, or select an earlier date then reselect today's date the Portfolio View is updated.  I posted a comment on this issue 3 weeks ago but there has been no response from Reckon yet.  The comment is here: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/personal-plus-portfolio-view-day-change-and-day-change-co... 
Photo of Peter Jenke

Peter Jenke

• 658 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I arrived home on Tuesday after 5 weeks overseas. On my first share price update I experienced exactly the same problem with my Portfolio view. Then on Thursday there was no update of the prices at all until Friday and as yet I am still unable to update Friday's prices. These issues are in addition to those I flagged with my particular set up several months ago and which remain unresolved.
Peter Jenke  (ONLY)

With respect, and in the interests of splitting local system issues from known Reckon issues,  you seem to have come into the bottom of page 1 of a 2-page thread that has moved on considerably, including the release of  qwutil.dll  that was needed for people's 'updates' to straddle the checking of US prices (whether they had US shares or not) and impacting other updates.  But meantime, granted, there has been a fresh emergence of AUS share download issues for Fri 8th July following an interim upset of getting Thurs 7th July - but that is the only 'general' issue presently under investigation as best we are aware.   So check qwutil.dll (search and install) and perhaps re-phrase your position AFTER the present 8th July AUS share upset is sorted, is all I could suggest if you've been missing in action past few months.

At the time that you were sharing your specific issue PRIOR to May 25th 2016 (when US prices went askew), but as I recall, AFTER the correction of the previous spate of AUS share issues between approx Nov 2015 and pre-Easter 2016,  comments on this thread demonstrated you may have been suffering some localised Win10/PP201xx issue different from the known UPDATE (IP resolution/access) issues.  So, there may be TWO issues on your plate tonight (July 10th).

Cheers - hoping this adds clarity to your return tonight.....

NOTE:  This comment has been deliberately inserted immediately under the comment from P.J. that is at the foot of page 1 not the end of the current topic.

Gary
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.