PP2016 Share Prices NOT updating

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

PP2016 not updating share prices tonight, Thursday 7 July 2016. Can normally update from 8.30 pm. No word from Reckon that there is an issue, but we don't normally get that until it hasn't worked for at least a week. This is happening just too often.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

• 3,170 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,394 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello everyone,

Our Dev team will be restarting our share server from 3pm, during this time it will be unavailable for 20-30 minutes.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Shelley

Shelley

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can you explain why it keeps happening and what will be done to stop it happening?
Photo of David Dearman

David Dearman

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for hanging in their Rav.  Must be a frustrating time for you also
Photo of Roy Jacobi

Roy Jacobi

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Rav.  I updated at 7:30pm and surprised to see even todays prices updated.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

Just updated my Portfolio. Hope it continues to do so. Thank you for being a gracious punching bag Rav. Some people will do anything for a job. BUT it's not the end. We need reliability so please advise what, if anything, Reckon are doing to provide reliability. No time for holidays, as there's a reputation to repair. Thanks again Rav, but stay on Dev's back.
Photo of Terry Stewart

Terry Stewart

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Just updated my Portfolio as well. All seems to be working OK (at the moment) Will wait and see what happens
Photo of st

st

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
6.50 pm Tuesday night and the update worked, all prices updated as of yesterday.    I hope when I attempt another update at 8.05 pm tonight I'll get today's prices.
Photo of Neil

Neil, Employee

• 2,046 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi All

This issue has been resolved, tonight's share prices are now available for download.

Regards
Neil
Photo of John-T

John-T

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Hi Neil and Rav,

They certainly are available; I've got them now and it's not yet 8:00 PM.

Well done guys; let's hope this is a permanent fix, and not a one or two day wonder!

Now, hopefully, some of the many other 'problems' with PP can get some attention, and that some fixes will be forthcoming in the near future.

Thanks to all.

Photo of gavin.nicholson.au

gavin.nicholson.au

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Reckon has shown no interest in fixing the "problems" for the last 10+ years so I doubt they will start now.
Photo of John

John

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

It might have been resolved for now.  However, as I said in an earlier post, I have been using Quicken since Adam was in short pants - back in the days when they used to allow me to have an additional copy on my notebook (to use once in a blue moon - whilst travelling) without gouging me an additional $175 a year!! 

This problem seems to occur around about this time EVERY year.  Maybe something to do with ensuring that the punters update their products??

When will a representative of Reckon explain why this problem seems to occur around about this time EVERY year!!!

Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

Thanks Neil

I started this thread so I'll put some sort of end to it.

I'm sure we have all downloaded OUR share prices by now. Please don't rest on your laurels as your work is not yet done. You need to work on:
  1. PP reliability of share price downloads
  2. Small niggly errors/bugs in your software that have been around for ever, but you refuse to acknowledge
  3. AND a big one... your customer relations skills. You can only go up from here because you are coming from a VERY low base. You have a lot to learn.
Thank you... hope OUR software keeps working.

...Leif
Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

• 1,262 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My share prices have updated (I know because the shares account balance changed); but the columns on the Portfolio View remained blank until I changed the date to 11 July and then changed back to 12 July.  Then they were populated as they should be automatically when the shares prices are downloaded.  This problem is not yet fixed.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,394 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Peter,
Neil is looking into this issue for you and will comment on the thread you created here with a further update as soon as possible.

Thanks
Rav

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.