Pre-paid wages in Reckon 2017 plus

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
How do I process wages in advance, through unscheduled wages option I assume? Also can I just deselect the employees who I prepay for the duration of their leave without any ramifications? I have simply changed the hours from 38 hours to a 9 week equivalent but the tax calculation when doing this had to be changed to reflect 9 x weekly deduction. Initially showed much higher?
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 25,370 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Tim,

Thanks for asking.

Which product are you using? The payroll modules do have a facility for paying full leave payment at the start of the holiday period.  Just look for the fields that ask how many pay periods does this pay cover.  Tax will be calculated on the basis of receiving the pay on the normal frequency.

Reckon One does not allow advanced payments yet but the feature will be added in a future update.

Reckon Accounts:

Payroll Premier

Hope this helps

regards,
John
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

Hi John,

Using Accounts Plus 2017 and there is the pre-pay option as you suggest (did not look very well).

I processed the pays using this facility and all good apart from the calculated tax deduction which for some reason is far too high. Had to manually amend to 9 x normal weekly tax deduction as opposed to a far greater amount calculated by the software. Not sure why this would happen but payment now made. I guess going forward I just don't select the two employees I have pre-paid when the weekly payroll schedule is run for the next 9 pay periods?

Cheers Tim

Photo of John G

Thanks Tim,

After ticking the Advanced Hol.Payment box, did you continue to the separate Advanced Holiday Payment dialog box where you entered the number of pay periods and the date range of holidays taken?

regards,
John.
Photo of Tim Cross

Tim Cross

Yes I did John, payment made OK but had to amend PAYG tax calculation which was not what 9 times the weekly deduction should be (much higher as stated?).
Photo of John G

Hi Tim,

Please do a full Resort of lists, Rebuild and Verify and try again on the next opportunity.  

regards,
John