Premier 2016 installation errors windows 10

Hash
Hash Member Posts: 5
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi Guys, 

I have tried installing Reckon Account Premier 2016 and I had some errors, and the last one is Windows Installer Preparing to Install.

After installation was completed I got a " Internal Error 2753. qbserverutilitymgr.exe" I click OK on this and then moved on to next error that come up as unsuspected problem shutting down I have attached the image to this.

Then I closed that and then it moved on to windows Installer Preparing to Install, I have left this for over an hour now to do what it needs to but I think it is stuck there.

Please see images and I would really appreciate your help with regards to this, I tried contacting Reckons they saying they can not help me install it because its older version, I think this is a not fair oh well, but now I have turned to you please please help me.
Thanks

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Hash

here is a link to the knowledge browser http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4857 also a link to a previous forum https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-2013-installation-error-2753

Best practice when installing previous versions is to reboot computer before you start, this way eveything is closed and packed up.   Do your install straight away do not open any other program except the disc installation.
  • Hash
    edited March 2019
    Hi Kwikbooks,

Thank you so much for the links, I really appreciate it, I followed the instructions there, and started installation straight after restart, now I'm stuck on the last image where it says window installer preparing to install, after being stuck on that it come up with another message " installer server not responding", and it give me the option of "Retry" or "Cancel", I click retry and waited for another 2 hours it come back with same message this time I clicked "cancel" it closed everything. Still looking for a solution.
    edited April 2020
    are you installing from Disc?

How old is the PC?   

Is it windows or Mac?
  • Hash
    edited April 2020
    Its not a very old PC its an i5, 16 gb Ram, and Windows 10. Im installing it from a CD provided.
    edited April 2020
    Maybe the disc is corrupt it shouldn't take 2 hours to install it takes 10-15 min.

try logging into your reckon member area>support>download area, you will find old versions of everything, and try the install from the download instead of disc. 

Whilst in the members area if you are a partner you will also need to get an installation key under Partner tools LH side. Chose the version you are downloading and "get IKC".   If you don't have this option you will have to ring tech support for key.
  • Hash
    edited March 2019
    Thanks, I will try that and see how I go. If that works or any other solution I will post it just incase someone else faces same issue.
    edited March 2019
    Says 2016 Kevin
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    All you need to do is rename / move or delete the installer. This issues started mid last year on some installs off 2016. I cant remember exactly where the installer is, thinking C:\ProgramData\Intuit\
  • Hash
    edited March 2019
    Hi Tim Spillman,

I would really appreciate if you do recall and post the location of that file or folder for the "Installer" that needs to be replaced, renamed or deleted.

I tried looking every where for it but I couldn't find it, it would really help if you knew where it was located I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks