Premier 2016 upgrade on Win 10 taking a long time to load program

Options
Paul Anthony Jones
Paul Anthony Jones Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Upgrading from Premier 15 to 16 on Win 10 now the program takes well over a minute to load, once loaded seems to work fine. I am not running a firewall however do have AVG internet security.

Comments

• MichaelTechSupport
    MichaelTechSupport Alumni Posts: 13
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Paul,

as per our phone conversation the simple fix is to run Right-click icon > Properties > Compatibility > tick run in compatibility mode select windows XP Service Pack 2.

Regards,

Michael 
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Why does he have to? RA16 is Windows 10 compatible or is it not?
  • MichaelTechSupport
    MichaelTechSupport Alumni Posts: 13
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It is compatible, The above customer has a different unique environment, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed with applications on a SSD (including Reckon Accounts) and stored the data file on a HDD. We came to the conclusion that the 2 variables of the SSD & HDD was the cause of this.

Our software does work on SSD in that environment for him, he just noticed it took longer to open up & the fix was to run it in that compatibility mode allowed him to open it instantly.

to answer your question. Reckon Accounts 2016 is compatible with Windows 10 = YES

That certain environment and Setup with an SSD & HDD in a 64 bit Windows OS that he had meant the program took about 1 minute to open at the start of the day choosing that option means it opened up instantly.

I shared this in-case others may have this environment and are experiencing the the program taking 60 seconds to open and want it to open quicker.

Regards, 

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'd say the solution is to leave it on ssd & backup to the hdd (then external) as there is major improvements in regards to file operations on ssd's (most of my clients i service run ssd's for this reason). Overall performance to the file is limited to the ram the dbserver is allocated (which the amount is a joke, intuit increased theirs years ago).

I'd still be asking why the fix would be to run it in compatibility mode? Because that is saying its not compatible.
  • Ian_8365621
    Ian_8365621 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I had the same problem with 2 out of our 5 PC's. 

I am running Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2016 Release R2P. All machines running 64 bit pro win 10. (I did also previously have this issue on a machine with Win 7 Pro, but the problem disappeared when I updated from Premier 2015 to 2016.)

On both machines the problem seemed to begin after a windows update. Very very slow to start up but once started, they ran at the normal pace. (A little slow but we have a huge company file.)
    When I tried running in XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode the program started very fast but the user access control would pop up every time asking for permission. I then went back to windows 8 compatibility and it still started fast and didn't ask for permission. 

I then went to fix the second PC by setting it to Win 8 compatibility but it still started slowly. Changed it to XP compatibility and it started fast but again the user control would ask for permission each time I started. (On both occasions after setting them to XP compatibility, Reckon Accounts asked me to activate my copy even though the licence had recently been refreshed.) I was then able to go back to Win 8 compatibility with the program still starting fast and no user access control permission required.

I only put all this here in case someone else has the same problem. XP compatibility then Win 8 compatibility certainly fixed my issue.

Thanks for the help.