Prices for ANZPG

Steve_8770048
Steve_8770048 Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Why won't Reckon accounts download prices for ANZPG.

These have been traded on the ASX since Late September.

Comments

• Peter Ferrett
    Peter Ferrett Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2016
    Sorry I don't have an answer . Please add NABPD and ANZPE to the list
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Steve, Peter,

works for me.
    Please try again.

Check Security settings are correct:

regards,
    John
  • Michael Sandner
    Michael Sandner Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2017
    It has been flaky for me when I have added new securities, and you need to make sure it is ticked in the quote download setup
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Michael,

If the security is setup properly at the start it will be properly marked in the "Select quotes" list of One Step Update Settings.

Enter the Ticker Symbol (the exchanges code for this security)  - click on Look up to get a list (if your security did not come up Google it).

Then select the correct asset class - for Australian shares, or instruments traded like shares, its Australian Stocks

If you do not do this at the start and enter the Ticker Symbol later, the quotes list in One Step Update will not mark it for price updates.  Its at this time you'll need to go there and tick it manually.

Hope this makes explains the setup a little better.

regards,
    John
  • Peter Ferrett
    Peter Ferrett Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2016
    "If you do not do this at the start and enter the Ticker Symbol later, the quotes list in One Step Update will not mark it for price updates.  Its at this time you'll need to go there and tick it manually."

That's what I had to do. Thanks
  • Steve_8770048
    Steve_8770048 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2016

Hi, Mine wouldn't show up in the One Step Update list, so couldn't be ticked manually.

I found the only way around this, was to Press Ctrl-Y to get the full list of stocks, tick ANZPG as Watch, and then all of a sudden it shows up in the One Step Update list already ticked, and prices get downloaded. It doesn't matter how I classify them (I have them as Asset Class Domestic Bonds), as long as the ticker symbol is correct.

This may be because I didn't enter the ticker symbol at the start, or may be an issue since I upgraded to Reckon H&B 2016. Bonds which I had entered before upgrading (NABPD BENPF) seem to be fine, and don't need to be watched, to show up in the One Step Update list.

At least there is a workaround. Watch them!