Print functions not working Accounts Plus 2013

Options
martin_6728794
martin_6728794 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
With Accounts Plus 2013 on laptop with windows 7 (64), printer is Ricoh MFC 3001 have had regular program hangs, now will not print or email. Program crashes when I try print preview. Other programs print and also he licence info page prints

Comments

• vinia
    vinia Alumni Posts: 53
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hello .,

Thank you for using the Reckon Community.

These issues results from the Reckon PDF Printer / QuickBooks PDF converter conflicting with some other system on your computer:

in regards to email - only Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 is tested to work properly in Reckon Accounts 2013.

You can try doing the steps below:

In the first instance, ensure that the QuickBooks PDF converter, or the Reckon PDF Printer for QuickBooks 2012/13 and later, and the Send to Note 2010 printer are set to their own printer ports.

1. Delete the QuickBooks printer files QBprint.qbp and wpr.ini:

Windows 7 & Vista:  C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx-x1\

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx-xx

Assign Reckon PDF Printer (or QuickBooks PDF Converter) to a separate port:

a. Go to Printers and Devices:

i. Shortcut:  Start > Printers & Devices; otherwise:

ii. Windows 7:  Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > View Devices and Printers > right-click Reckon PDF Printer and choose See what’s printing.

iii. Windows Vista:  Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printer. Right-click the Reckon PDF Printer and choose Open.

iv. Windows XP: Double-click Printers and Faxes. Right-click the Reckon PDF Printer and choose Open.

If there are items in the print queue, delete\cancel them;

b. Select Printer Properties > Ports > Add Port > Local Port > New Port;

i. In Enter a port name, enter ReckonPDF > OK;

ii. Click on Advance tab;

2. Select Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster;

3. Clear the checkbox labelled Enable advanced printing features;

4. Select Print directly to printer;

5. Click the Driver dropdown box and select Amyuni Document Converter 300 > Apply > OK

c. Repeat these steps for Send to One Note printer, applying the name OneNote.

d. For 64-bit systems:

i.   Right-click the Windows taskbar and choose Task Manager;

ii.   Processes > Image Name > highlight splWOW64.exe and click End Process.  Click on end Process or Yes to complete;

4. Set your document printer as your Default Printer

5. Disable UAC

6. Close all applications and restart the computer.

Hope this steps help.

Kind Regards,

Vinia

Reckon Technical Support