How do I activate the QuickBooks PDF converter?

Options
Evan Whetter
Evan Whetter Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How do I activate the quickbooks pdf converter? I cant send emails or print!

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello Evan,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.  

This post should be of assistance to you:

Why can’t I Save to PDF or Email with Accounts Business?
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/a9l45bkc1h76t

Let us know how you go.

regards,
    John
  • Evan Whetter
    Evan Whetter Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi John,

Thankyou for your reply. However my problem remains. I had an earlier version of quickbooks. Acounts Easy Start 2013 seems to be trying to use the earlier versions pdf converter and the V4 is invisible in printer setup.

Regards,
    Evan
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Evan,

In that case, delete all QuickBooks PDF Converters you have and installed and then reinstall the PDF converter for the current version.

Delete all QuickBooks PDF converters in Devices and Printers

Delete the QuickBooks printer drivers QBPRINT.QBP and wpr.ini at  C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 2013\ and at C:\Users\All Users\Intuit\ReckonAccounts 2013\

Reinstall the PDF Converter by clicking on install.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\ReckonAccounts 2013

Set the QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter to its separate port - see:  https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/a9l45bkc1h76t.

Reboot your computer.  

You can view a more detailed guide of this procedure at:  http://kb.reckon.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=4546

regards,
    John
  • longwest
    longwest Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So just activate pdf converter by reinstall it?  Does registry need to be clean up?

• Stefan Wasem
    Stefan Wasem Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2015
    Options

HI John,

I have the same problem with my Reckon Enterprise 2015. I've uninstalled the mentioned files above and then run the install from the Reckon Account 2015 folder since I thought it would the same as it was for 2013.

It runs file and says "printer setup succeeded". Unfortunately looking at the log of the install.exe it's not mentioning "reckon V4 pdf " at all. This is the converter that used to work for us till recently but I can't seem to reinstall that printer again. It only installs a printer called "amyuni document converter" and that one is not activated unless paying for it.

How can I reinstall the original pdf converter that comes with Reckon Accounts Enterprise?

Thanks,

Stevie

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Evan and Steve,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with reinstalling Reckon V4 PDF Converter.

Evan and Steve, basically above instructions will guide you through the overall process involved with printing, pdf and emailing issues.

If your question is particularly about finding the way to install V4 PDF Converter, its by clicking on Install.exe which you would find the file from the Reckon installation directory. Steve, you are correct that upon running that installation, it installs Amyuni Converter  but all you have to do is simply rename the Converter name to Reckon V4 PDF Converter( Printers and Devices> Right click on Amyuni Converter > printer Properties)

Also Evan, I am not to sure if your issue has been resolved yet or not, but for you both, if the problem persist, please consider following the KB once again from the link below,
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3952

Any questions you may have, please feel free to post us back or you may also contact our Technical Support Line on 1300 137 657 for live troubleshooting guidance.

Regards,

Babi