Printing error since 2019 upgrade

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago

Since upgrading to the 2019 version of Reckon yesterday I have been getting error messages when trying to print reports/payslips, emailing payslips, and even when I created the ABA file for the bank (2nd photo).

If I click on the OK button the message doesn't go away.  I have to click on it about 4 times before it goes away and then whatever I am printing prints or emails.  The ABA file also created ok too.

I am printing fine from my computer in every other program.  It's just Reckon and it seems to be since the upgrade.

Help please.

Lynne
Photo of Lynne

Lynne

• 780 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lynne,
There's a Knowledgebase article in relation to this error message which should help.
Essentially speaking, its basically around the file name containing invalid/special characters. Check out the article here -
Failed to load auregfind error in Reckon Accounts
Photo of Lynne

Lynne

Hi Rav,

I'm trying to do Workaround 2 on this article, but I don't appear to have the file path C:\ProgramData

Is it hidden because of permissions?  How do I unhide it?

Regards

Lynne
Photo of Suzanne Smith

Suzanne Smith

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav... we have the same error message when printing as Lynne....

The file you specified cannot be opened.............

Have checked the company names etc...permissions are set to "Full"

Ta...  Sue

Photo of Lynne

Lynne

Hi Sue, I had to search for the QBPRINT.QBP file in my c:/ drive, then went through and changed all the security permissions on all of the ones that appeared to Full Control.

I am now able to print without all the error messages.  Hopefully I've fixed the problem.

Lynne
Photo of Suzanne Smith

Suzanne Smith

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Lynne...