Printing Labels from Reckon Accounts Hosted

Options
Tony Stevens
Tony Stevens Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Using Reckon Accounts Hosted. How do we quickly and easily create labels with prices, codes and product descriptions direct from Reckon to stick on our products

Comments

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Rather than export the complete item list, from the reports menu >List >item listing now customise this modify >Display Tab >columns say item, description, gross price, barcode, MPN etc >Header Footer Tab and change the report title to say Item Labels click OK now memorise this for future use by default this will only show active items you can add an additional filter re item ie "all inventory items" if you wish. Now export this to excel and save on your pc.  Using word create a mail merge labels this is linked to the excel file you've saved and can be reused multiple times, simply export list and save over the aptly name excel file.  Works a treat for several of my clients, they have their items grouped so they often select a single group when exporting ie you sell white goods grouped by type Oven's, Refrigerators, Dryers etc it's very simple to group items if you haven't already.
  • Tony Stevens
    Tony Stevens Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thank you.

Since posting my request we have been playing around with a solution not dissimilar to your suggestion. For most of our products we have a need to print shelf edge tickets that go into shelf edge Datastrips rather than adhesive labels that stick on the product. We have sourced a business that supplies perforated tickets that will go through our colour Xerox printer.

Your suggestion will solve our problem. But it does involve several steps. Our ideal solution would be one that a junior, non-sales, non-admin staff member could do. For example: open dedicated printer software, enter the product code, enter quantity and press Print. And be able to print just one label if required - so the printer would need to be roll feed rather than sheet feed.

Customers of ours that use other brands of accounting software are able to do this but I do not know how it works.

Thanks again for your help.