printing reports

Nick Powell
Nick Powell Member Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have recently started using Accounts hosted 2018 after 20 years of using disks, and now cannot print a report with this form of cloud hosting.  The print function won't let me find or select my office printer.  How do I configure it to print reports direct without generating a pdf first.  Software seems to have no trouble printing invoices etc direct to my printer so it must recognise it?
Cheers
Nick

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Nick,
    Check out the KnowledgeBase article in this post for info on how to solve this -

When I try to print in Reckon Accounts Hosted nothing happens

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nick Powell
    edited July 2019

Thanks Rav

Will give it a go.

• Nick Powell
    edited July 2019

Thanks Rav

That gets me to the PDF widow from where I can now print the page.  But is there no way that I can have my printer show in the print dialogue box instead of the greyed out Reckon info like previous versions?  If not, then this seems to make printing a report more clicks than my old 13/14 disk version!

Thanks for your help.

• Nick Powell
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for your reply Susan
  • Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2018
    Hi Nick 
    This is a discussion we have all been having for a long time on the community - there is no way to select your printer direct from Reckon Hosted :-(

• Nick Powell
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Toni, i’ll Stop worrying and fighting against the tide!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Nick,
    You can't change from the designated Reckon Printer within the Hosted print box and this has always been the case in Hosted, but in saying that, if you acknowledge that box the next screen will open which will allow you to change the printer destination.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nick Powell
    edited July 2019

Cheers for that info Rav and all.  Think I have the hang of it now.

One other peculiarity of emailing within accounts hosted is that I get no indication when emailing an invoice that it has actually been sent.  I am not able to even see it in outlooks sent folder either.  I know that it has been sent as I phoned the customer to confirm receipt and it was successful.  Is there a log in the hosted program that lets me check that the email has been sent?

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    No there isn't unfortunately.
    There are a few feature suggestions around email functionality for Accounts Hosted in Reckon Ideas. I'd recommend taking a look at some of the existing ones and vote for any that you would find useful or raise your own suggestion. Enhancements in functionality, future updates etc will be derived from this based on user demand, achievable/realistic/timely etc.

• Nick Powell
    edited July 2018
    Yes, some interesting comments there and have voted on one.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Nick - tips for emailing - make sure you have your own email address in the Bcc box of the Send Forms setup in Reckon - this way you will receive a copy of the email sent to the customer/supplier... you can configure a rule for these incoming copies to be immediately moved to a folder of your choice so that they dont clog up your inbox but you have a record of what was sent out.  The reason you dont see them in your sent items is because the emails are sent from the Mail Server on the Hosted service - not from your computer.  

Background on the Printing process in Hosted - when Hosted was first released many years ago now...  Printing processes did try to find your local printer so you could print direct - however, with millions of configurations of computers and thousands of printer makes and models - this was a nightmare for technical support and caused so many problems it was just unworkable for anyone who had an issue -so the decision was made that all printing would go through the internal PDF printer - and then each user could choose to print to their local working printer.  whilst it added a couple of clicks and a few seconds to the process - it does avoid all the dramas that were being experienced in the initial days of direct printing.

Hope this helps!!!  a few changes to get used to in return for the benefits of not needing to install upgrades and being able to access your files from any machine!  Cheers