Problem opening Reckon Premier 2017. Receive IszFileBuffer.empty0

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Help. I cannot open my Reckon Accounts Premier Contractor Edition 2017 on Windows 7. I receive IszFileBuffer.empty0 and then Reckon says it has experienced a problem and must close
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Check a number of prior request on this  same issue.  Here's the results I found doing a Google research on your  question:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=IszFileBuffer&oq=IszFileBuffer&aqs=chrome..69i59j69i57j69...

The KEY things to duo in such a situation

a) backup

b) backup, do a verify a rebuild and put backups (AGAIN)  on external media for use on ANOTHER PC.

c) try installing a fresh copy of the program on ANOTHER pc to prove you can use the live DATA there

d)  Ensure you did (a) thru (c) before even dreaming of doing (e).......  and that you have a FALLBACK position on another PC (your colleagues, your family's or your 'other PC  - but DO OIT on another machine before (e)

e) and then consider the various Knowledgebase suggestions that imply that a UNinstall and Re-install may be required,  and on that note take good heed of fellow Accredited Partner:  Kevin's,  highlighting of using Revo to do a proper uninstall (in some of the google solutions suggested.

f)  Do not come back and ask for help about doing (e) unless you can prove you successfully ran your business on another PC for a few hours on (d)

Gary
(Edited)