Problem with Office365

Andrew Newman
Andrew Newman Member Posts: 4
I recently purchased an upgrade to Personal Plus 2015 (from 2012) becuase I was having a problem with Word from Office365 crashing if Quicken was already open. I had thought that since Quicken had advertised that the new version was designed to work with Windows 8 that this would include programs such as Office 365 which was also newer than than the 2012 version. I was sadly mistaken. Any assitance in how this can be overcome would be useful as not being able to have my accounting and documentation programs open at the same time is a little of a problem. For reference, I do not have the same problem Word problem with any other program.

Comments

• Andrew Newman
    edited February 2015

I have a new state-of-the-art computer with Windows 8.1 ... system requirements are not the problem.

• Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited November 2014
    Hi Andrew,

Microsoft Office 365 is not supported on Reckon Accounts Person 2015, please see the installation upgrade guide for the requirements on which version we do support.

http://www.reckon.com.au/Documents/Guides/2015_RA_Personal_Installation_Upgrade_Guide.pdf

Unfortunately if you want to use Office 365 without crashing then you will have to close down Reckon Accounts first.

Regards,
    Hoang

• Andrew Newman
    edited September 2015
    I hardly see this as an acceptable solution ... Office365 is effectively the defacto standard package why do you not update your software to work with the current versions of popular software?
  • Andrew Newman
    edited September 2015
    I would also add that not appearing to not support Chrome is also retrograde.