Problem with Printing PAYG Summaries. Reckon Accounts Plus 2018

Carol_9395371
Carol_9395371 Member Posts: 33
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
On attempting to e-mail Payment Summaries, RA comes up with 2 boxes:  (1) Task Progress - 0/8 sent.  Code 13744 23886; and (2) From Accounts Printer Library.  Could not print to printer.  Check your printer selection.  Printing may have been cancelled from another program. 
I have checked both default printer and PAYG Summary printer choice and these are the same as they have been for some years.  Could you please help?

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    try resetting the the printer for payment summaries in printer setup... file>printer setup>payment summaries
  • Carol_9395371
    edited April 2020
    I have done that and also via Printers & Devices setup on Windows 10.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Carol are you trying to email or print the payment summaries?  Do you have a pdf printer (not a Reckon one) installed on your computer?  what happens if you try to print to that?
    edited June 2019
    Did you do it inside the Reckon program as well, if all else fails, verify & rebuild the file, close the program , reboot PC and start again.
    edited April 2020
    Hi Carol

Just noticed the part that says email payment summaries you were talking about printing and I missed it, so if you were trying to email you may have a corrupt email. With no way of telling which one you will need to do the following, if you don't fix it via pdf printer.

What you need to do is create a dummy employee  'xxxxx' create a pay $1.00 the you need to open the select forms to send then you will need to delete every email in the list until you come to the dummy pay you set up, delete this as well. close the list, Delete the dummy pay.

rebuild & verify your file, now try to email the payment summaries again.

• Oats
    Oats Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2019
    What is CDP?

• Carol_9395371
    edited July 2019
    Thank you all.  "Ex Accredited partner" had the right answer - thank you very much.  I feel your pain re the CDP.  I worked for full-time working doctors and they found it really hard to get their CDP up to requirements.  It would seem that "private life" is no longer available to you.
  • Carol_9395371
    edited July 2019
    It stands for Continuing Professional Development.  Accountants/Doctors/Physios and all sorts have to attend a certain amount of seminars/symposiums/tutorials and such to earn CDP hours each year to be able to renew their registration yearly.  For example general practitioners have to attend 50 hours (from 1.10.16).  Carol