Problem with Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I bought Reckon Accounts Personal Plus from Harvey Norman last Saturday and loaded it ok. Used it for a while and then closed off. When I tried to open it again the next day there is a message " this is not the first computer this program has been installed on - contact Reckon". I uninstalled the program and then re-loaded it and it worked fine until I tried opening it again later and got the same message.
Photo of Robert Thomson

Robert Thomson

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Judy Birkenhead

Judy Birkenhead

• 304 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi - I am a long time user of Quicken/Reckon

When I upgraded the software this year I got the same message after my first shutdown.

I fixed it by going to the help menu and renewing the licence (again)

It worked for me.

I have been very happy with the software but sometimes there are teething problems with the upgrade/install.

It is good software otherwise.

Hope this helps.
Photo of Kel Luke

Kel Luke

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Robert,

I seem to recall something similar happening when I upgraded. If the fix suggested by Judy does not work, just call Reckon and they will give you a new code to register with. 

regards,

Kel Luke  
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

• 3,170 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Someone from Reckon IT really needs to fix this problem. It seems to be a problem for someone every week. Come on Reckon.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

I had this issue also when upgrading. I fixed it as per Judy. People with some IT knowledge and confidence are prepared to try things and therefore often find a way. Non-technos are hesitant, afraid of doing unrepairable damage. My wonderful wife is like that and I often tell her to just go logical and press that button to see what happens. She still doesn't get it. Some people are just not wired that way. But she's a great cook and life partner and says she's lucky to have me to fix her IT problems. That's life... wonderful.
Photo of Judy Birkenhead

Judy Birkenhead

not sure what the wonderful wife talk is about - but glad my solution helped.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

I did solve this issue myself but you blog does seem to help others. On the wife thing... lighten up.
Photo of Judy Birkenhead

Judy Birkenhead

I am quite light thanks.   But I wonder if your wife would laugh if she saw what you wrote about her in a public forum.   It is just not relevant to solving the current issue.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

If not relevant, why do you persist? My wife is confident in herself, and for the record (and you) I do the vacuuming, mopping, washing up and ironing. Like I suggested, lighten up. Life's meant to be enjoyable and not always serious.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,280 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi folks,

Leif, I'm not too sure where this aspect of the conversation has arisen from or where it's going, however it's not relevant to the original question posed by Robert.

The question has been helpfully answered by Judy and this thread has run it's course.

Thanks,
Rav

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.