Problem with Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016

Robert Thomson
Robert Thomson Member Posts: 1
I bought Reckon Accounts Personal Plus from Harvey Norman last Saturday and loaded it ok. Used it for a while and then closed off. When I tried to open it again the next day there is a message " this is not the first computer this program has been installed on - contact Reckon". I uninstalled the program and then re-loaded it and it worked fine until I tried opening it again later and got the same message.

Comments

• Judy Birkenhead
    Judy Birkenhead Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2018
    Hi - I am a long time user of Quicken/Reckon

When I upgraded the software this year I got the same message after my first shutdown.

I fixed it by going to the help menu and renewing the licence (again)

It worked for me.

I have been very happy with the software but sometimes there are teething problems with the upgrade/install.

It is good software otherwise.

Hope this helps.
  • Kel Luke
    Kel Luke Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2017
    Hi Robert,

I seem to recall something similar happening when I upgraded. If the fix suggested by Judy does not work, just call Reckon and they will give you a new code to register with. 

regards,

Kel Luke  
  • Judy Birkenhead
    edited December 2018
    not sure what the wonderful wife talk is about - but glad my solution helped.
  • Judy Birkenhead
    edited December 2018
    I am quite light thanks.   But I wonder if your wife would laugh if she saw what you wrote about her in a public forum.   It is just not relevant to solving the current issue.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi folks,

Leif, I'm not too sure where this aspect of the conversation has arisen from or where it's going, however it's not relevant to the original question posed by Robert.

The question has been helpfully answered by Judy and this thread has run it's course.

Thanks,
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.