Problem with transaction rules / name

jasmine_9092185
jasmine_9092185 Member Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am using hosted and have imported transactions via online banking, I have been using my phone a lot for commonwealth bank so using the netbank app, My problem is when I have paid to other accounts i somtimes have not put a description and on the transaction and even the statement it does not show who it has gone to so I have hundreds of transactions that say Transfer to other A/c NetBank or transfer commbank app ect, I want to apply transactions rules to them but I am unable to differentiate between them .... Any ideas? I have looked on commbank and tried to bring up the 4-5 accounts I would have paid theses into but commbank does not have this feature! So it's as if I can't even manually sort these Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jasmine

Rules can only identify different transactions, it you have several accounts and only have transfer comm app to move money to all rules will send them all to the one account.  You must have some description when paying from your app.

I use something like .. bus to visa.... bus to sav.... sav to visa when using my comm bank app.  Then you can set up the rules for each  of the above.

If you forget, log into netbank and click on the + symbol next to the transactions, this will tell you where it has gone from & to.
  • jasmine_9092185
    edited July 2017
    Hello and thanks heaps for your reply I have made a silly mistake here and I have merged the suppliers (all the commbank app ect ones) but obviously they are to and from different accounts and there for need to be seperate suppliers Is there any way of reversing this? If I deleted all the transactions I have imported would it reset the supplier list?
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Have you thought about entering transactions into RA then uploading to bank??
  • jasmine_9092185
    edited July 2017
    do you mean manually? im pretty new and vague with reckon hosted. i have about 450 transactions that need to be added but they should fit into about 10 catagories, so i was hoping to some how delete transactions (multiple about 6 months worth) then re import them and make the suppliers and transaction rules again as i dont have very many trans rules at present 

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jasmine

I think you have lost me, you were talking about bank rules with bank feeds, or were you talking about uploading the supplier payments via online banking in an ABA file.?

Or are we now on suppliers and you have merged them all, it is almost impossible to merge all suppliers in hosted, they have to have the same name? And why do you have suppliers for comm bank apps, only Reckon One needs suppliers for everything.

email, text, or phone me if you need help, I can login via Teamviewer.
    Kim: 0429 305300   kim@kwikbooks.com.au