Problems importing bank statement (QBO File into online banking centre) - Reckon Accounts Hosted

Options
Fiona_7445663
Fiona_7445663 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi there, I am trying to import a nab bank statement (haven't done this before). I think I have activated my bank account for online correctly. I upload the Qif file from my bank and I can convert it to QBO file ( I can see it in my Q drive - uploads) I get asked to select which account to import it to, I select the account. I then get asked if I would like to import the new transactions now, I select yes. I then get taken to the online banking centre and no file is showing. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Fiona_7445663
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas about this?  I have multi-currency activated which might be causing problems possibly?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Strange problem

Check for any window hiding behind the Hosted window that may be waiting for an answer from you - click on Alt+PageUp

Next, on the Online Banking Screen, is the correct financial institution selected at the top left?

Then, try importing through this method:
    File > Utilities > Import > Web connect files,
    Browse to the location of your import file
    select the .QBO file (not the QIF)
    follow the prompts to complete.

Was it successful?

If not, best to call Technical Support for further one-to-one help.

regards,
    John

• Fiona_7445663
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow, thanks for replying to my query John.  I will give your suggestions a go and let you know.  Cheers, Fiona
  • Fiona_7445663
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi John,  I tried what you suggested but still came up with the same problem.  

I think I have found the 'fly in the ointment'!

I have multicurrency turned on and have Indonesian Rupiah listed as my Home Currency (my business is in Bali and therefore most transactions are in IDR).  

The account I am trying to import a bank statement to is a Nab - AUD account and therefore classed as a 'Foreign Currency Account'.  

I suspect I can't import a statement into "foreign currency accounts" (even though it is in AUD and account is held in Australia).  I worked this out by creating exactly the same bank account except telling Accounts Hosted it was in IDR (Home Currency).  It worked and my statement could be viewed.  

I wonder if it is possible to get around this somehow so that I can import a statement into what I have classed as a foreign currency account.

At least I have isolated the problem - I think....

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Fiona,

Many thanks for reporting back.

Yes, what you found it entirely correct.

The QIF file contains only numbers and text.  Hosted will only allow you to import into a bank account that is of the same currency as the company file's Home Currency.  

A message to that effect would have been nice.  I'll suggest it to our development team as well as to look into importing into bank accounts set to foreign currencies.  

For the time being, unfortunately there is no workaround.  I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

regards,
    John.
  • IanB_10269458
    IanB_10269458 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Is it now possible to import foreign currency bank transactions? We also have bank accounts in various currencies and would like to import these bank statements.
    We are using accounts hosted.
  • Fiona_8614545
    Fiona_8614545 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Hi, asking the same question again as above. Is it yet possible to import foreign currency transactions? If not, can anyone think of a work around? It has been a few years now so hoping this has been enabled. Using accounts hosted.