Problems Updating Reckon Accounts

Steffi
Steffi Member Posts: 5
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hello Mirko,
I know i am responding on this post, but I need help now. I want to know why it is that every single time I HAVE to update my software, I face a problematic rigmaroll of trying to restore a backup copy so I can use Reckon again. I am sick and tired of this. It should be so easy to do, yet it is not and I am getting MAD AND FRUSTRATED. I have turned off the firewall and also the antivirus. Can you please let me know what to do !!!!!!
Thank you.
Stephanii Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Hosted Service Disruptions: 27/09 & 01/10 topic.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    unique issue Please reference the new topic here: Problems Updating Reckon Accounts
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Thank for your post Stephanii. Sorry to hear you are having troubles updating. So I or someone else can assist you best I'll ask you a couple questions to diagnose the problem.

Which software are you updating (from and to)? What Operating System do you use. Is there any particular error that appears when things go wrong? If so, could you please supply a screenshot.

You mention you've tried turning off AV and Firewall, have you tried anything else?

Thanks, Mirko.
  • Steffi
    edited September 2014
    I have followed everything I have been asked to do. It was all useless information. I had to renew my Reckon Accounts Pro 2014 Annual Licence. This is what I get on my screen: Problem Reckon Accounts cannot open this company file because it was updated to a newer Reckon Accounts maintenance release than the one you are currently using. This file was last used with release R3. You are currently using release R1. For more information about how this may have occurred, click Help. Solution Update your copy of Reckon Accounts by downloading the latest maintenance release. To do this, click Update Reckon Accounts, then follow the instructions to download the latest release. When the download is finished, close and reopen Reckon Accounts. You'll be prompted to apply the update. Or Restore the backup copy of this file that was made before the file was updated. To do this, click Continue, then click "Restore a backup file" in the No Company Open window.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Steffi, thanks for the further information.

If you do a new install, this will automatically install the R1 (pre tax update) release. Any file opened in a newer version (in this case R3 of same year) will not work on a previous version. You can find info on downloading and installing the update here: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/2014_15_tax_table_update_has_been_released.

Let me know how you go with downloading and installing the update. ^Mirko.

• Steffi
    edited September 2014
    Hi again, I am seriously about to lose my shiz. Why do I have have to install a newer update? Shouldn't the newer update already be there when I had to renew my licence?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Steffi, you would only need to update if there was a new install.

The message:
    Problem
    Reckon Accounts cannot open this company file because it was updated to a newer
    Reckon Accounts maintenance release than the one you are currently using. This file
    was last used with release R3. You are currently using release R1.
    For more information about how this may have occurred, click Help.
    Indicates that this is a new install on this machine? Can you try to get the update and run it (its a little patch about 10-15mb). If this does not resolve your issues, please let me know.