Problems uploading items for POS template

Options
Malcolm_10530963
Malcolm_10530963 Member Posts: 9
edited June 2020 in Reckon One
The given value of type String from the data source cannot be converted to type decimal of the specified target column.

I'm trying to import a item list using the item template provide but keep getting the above issue. I've reviewed the data but can't find the error.  Help please guys.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Malcolm - its a bit confusing about which version of the Reckon products you are trying to do this with?  You have posted in Reckon One & Business Point of Sale - they dont work together?  Can you please be more specific about what you are trying to do?  

If you actually mean import items into Reckon Accounts Business so that they can then be transfer to Reckon Point of Sale (desktop) then the best way to import an item list - is to go into your Reckon File - add one new item and fill in all the areas available...  then go to File - Utilities - Export to IIF and export this item list...
    now when you open this .iif file with Excel - you will see what kind of data needs to be in the various fields - this should then help you to load the file with the data you want to import?
  • Malcolm_10530963
    Malcolm_10530963 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Linda using Reckon POS on the cloud version via the management system and trying to upload my items details SKU codes, opening stock numbers and cost base. 

If it was a desk top version then no problems but this one is really frustrating when you know the data is correct and wont import.
    Thanks

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ok - sorry - not totally savvy with the cloud POS... so cant be much help to you!