Problems with import and conversion of QIF files

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I'm using Reckon Accounts Plus 2016.  I am having the same problem other people posted about 2 years ago, but I tried shortening the filename (which was Eddies solution) and it didn't work

When I go to import a bank statement file - a QIF - that part works. 

I go to Banking > Import Bank Statement and I'm able to import the QIF and it saves to a QBO file. 

However, what *should* happen next does not. It does not show the "Reckon Accounts has received new transaction data..." etc. dialog box. It just sits there and nothing happens. 

I can go to the qbo file in explorer and click on it to open it in Recon. This has been my workaround.

I posted about this 3 months ago but noone could help me. Any chance now? 
Photo of K Cossey

K Cossey

• 432 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Totaly frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 48,200 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I don't know what bank you are using but I use Westpac every day and this never happens to me. I think your financial institution is to blame here.
Photo of K Cossey

K Cossey

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it's Westpac I'm using. I was wondering if it was their file format but obviously not!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Reckon this afternoon but still am having the same problem.
Any other ideas?

Karen
Photo of K Cossey

K Cossey

Hi again
Yes I am saving direct to my harddrive
I didn't try to open it.
Yes I think I have the right info.  I have selected Westpac(New Zealand) and entered my account details in the correct fields with no hyphens.  One time with a 00 suffix, onetime with a 000 suffix, one time with no suffix. (one time with a hypen and 000)
Account type is chequing, APCA number is: 111111.   I tick the Include Balance Record.
Does all this sound correct?
Yes I tried setting up a new account and importing a qif file. Did not work either.
Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
KC
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 48,016 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What's your phone number I can call you
Photo of K Cossey

K Cossey

I'll leave my number again in the morning. 
Thanks
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 48,016 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of K Cossey

K Cossey

Worked it out! I had our programmer look at the problem. There were no errors in the log file but he investigated further and discovered that the problem was the folder I was saving my bank downloads to had a space in it's name, ie I named the folder Bank Downloads. When we changed it to BankDownloads the import process worked properly.