Problems with import and conversion of QIF files

K Cossey
K Cossey Member Posts: 21
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm using Reckon Accounts Plus 2016.  I am having the same problem other people posted about 2 years ago, but I tried shortening the filename (which was Eddies solution) and it didn't work

When I go to import a bank statement file - a QIF - that part works. 

I go to Banking > Import Bank Statement and I'm able to import the QIF and it saves to a QBO file. 

However, what *should* happen next does not. It does not show the "Reckon Accounts has received new transaction data..." etc. dialog box. It just sits there and nothing happens. 

I can go to the qbo file in explorer and click on it to open it in Recon. This has been my workaround.

I posted about this 3 months ago but noone could help me. Any chance now? 

Comments

• K Cossey
    edited August 2019
    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it's Westpac I'm using. I was wondering if it was their file format but obviously not!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Reckon this afternoon but still am having the same problem.
    Any other ideas?

Karen
  • K Cossey
    edited June 2019
    QIF for Quicken dd/mm/yy
  • K Cossey
    edited June 2019
    Hi again
    Yes I am saving direct to my harddrive
    I didn't try to open it.
    Yes I think I have the right info.  I have selected Westpac(New Zealand) and entered my account details in the correct fields with no hyphens.  One time with a 00 suffix, onetime with a 000 suffix, one time with no suffix. (one time with a hypen and 000)
    Account type is chequing, APCA number is: 111111.   I tick the Include Balance Record.
    Does all this sound correct?
    Yes I tried setting up a new account and importing a qif file. Did not work either.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
    KC
  • K Cossey
    edited June 2019
    I'll leave my number again in the morning. 
    Thanks
  • K Cossey
    edited June 2019
    Worked it out! I had our programmer look at the problem. There were no errors in the log file but he investigated further and discovered that the problem was the folder I was saving my bank downloads to had a space in it's name, ie I named the folder Bank Downloads. When we changed it to BankDownloads the import process worked properly.