Problems with printing with reckon accounts hosted.

Donna Clements
Donna Clements Member Posts: 6
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted

We recently upgraded to hosted and have been having ongoing problems with printing. There appears to be no consistancy in the error. On one of our machines  using Chrome when you select print, we get the message ' generating report and when you select view the new browser window opens and nothing displays. On this machine I have tried explorer which worked a few times and is now failing when trying to print the PDF. I am now downloaded the PDF and printing.

On another machine Chrome functions as described above. In Explorer the pdf displays in the browser ok but I get a message saying document cant be printed.

These errors occur with Invoices and estimates.

We have resorted to emailing ourselves the forms so we can print them.

I have searched extensively for a solution and can see there has been widespread and persistent printing issues with hosted. Can you please advise if there is a solution as this is a time consuming problem for our business?

Assistance Appreciated.

regards

Donna

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    There can be lots of reasons for this Donna, related to your system configuration etc... but I would say have you tried installing & using Firefox or Opera browsers to run Hosted - I mostly use these 2 and don't often experience the blank print window - unless my machine needs are restart from low on memory...
  • Donna Clements
    edited June 2018
     Thanks Linda. I will try Firefox.
  • Donna Clements
    edited June 2018
    hi Linda,
    I have installed firefox on two of our machines and it seems to be working fine.  Yay Fingers xed this continues as it was working on explorer at one point. Many thanks for your assistance.Much appreciated!