Problems with syncing with Halaxy (formerly Healthkit)

michael philp_9121578
michael philp_9121578 Member Posts: 17
edited September 2020 in Reckon One
I previously synced Reckon One to Healthkit (my online client diary) which was working very well. However, Healthkit have migrated to Halaxy and since then new invoices are not being created. I have sent an email to Reckon but not received a response. Could you please advise if their is any technical difficulties? I have tried re-syncing in Halaxy but this has not resolved the problem

Comments

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    If there's been a change on the Halaxy end when this problem started, I'd be getting in touch with them rather than Reckon.
  • michael philp_9121578
    edited October 2019
    Have tried them, who said they have liaised with Reckon, and said it was at their end. What I really want is Halaxy and Reckon to talk to each other

• michael philp_9121578
    edited October 2019
    Hi Eric and Russell - that's cool, I'm aware of that. I want those two entities to sort it out, rather than me getting passed between them and neither of them responding to me. 
  • michael philp_9121578
    edited October 2019
    Sorry mate, Kevin. 
    I'm continuing to follow up with Halaxy. Apparently they are talking to Reckon to solve it.
    I've only just started syncing so it's one of those situations where you don't realise how helpful it was until it stops working
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2020
    Hi Michael,
    Let me follow up with our API team in regard to the email you've sent through and see what's happening as far as our end is concerned. Can you just confirm where its been sent to please?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• michael philp_9121578
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav,
    I sent it via the 'ask support team a question' link, about 24 hours ago. 
    Thanks for following this up
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2019
    Hi Michael,

In general this is how the process works.....

Your query would have joined our normal support queue which is for Reckon One product support. As this is API (third-party app) related the team would have forwarded your case to our API technical support team who have a 2 (working) day turnaround due to the nature of these queries.

Apologies if this wasn't communicated clearly to you by our product support team.

In this case.....

As Halaxy completed the integration to Reckon One - that is, the Halaxy user 'connects to Reckon One via Halaxy' , your first port of call is Halaxy. They will in turn contact our API technical support team. Halaxy will then report the status updates to you.  There should be no need for you to get involved in the technical discussions, so again I apologise that you have had to follow this up. 

Finally, the community members aren't exactly correct that Halaxy have to fix the problem. API issues can be numerous, and caused by the either the developer app or the API service (Reckon in this case). As we don't have any general API disruptions it is safe to say this will be specific to the Halaxy account, so again that's something we will work through with them directly. 

If Halaxy can provide you with the case number I can follow up this case for you if Halaxy haven't already.

Kind regards,
    Jason
  • michael philp_9121578
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Jason, I appreciate the feedback. I hadn't had any response from my email (eg thanks we'll look into it), which is why I followed  up.
    Hopefully it gets sorted because it's a great feature that has seen my fortnightly reconcilliation time drop to minutes rather than hours. Thanks again
  • Jason Hollis
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Michael. I'll ask our guys to look in the API support queue in the morning as well. The Halaxy guys have been great to deal with so I am sure we'll get it sorted quickly once we know what the issue is. 
  • Jason Hollis
    edited October 2019
    Hi Michael. Our team have checked our support logs and we don't actually have anything from Halaxy / Healthkit for the last 3 months, which could mean they know the problem and it's at their end. Either way, it would be worth you following up with them. 

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Lets leave it where its at for now Kev and see if Michael can update us further after following up on the other end.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• michael philp_9121578
    edited October 2019
    Hi Jason, this is the response I've had:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your further information. As mentioned our team are currently working on a more permanent solution to your issue, once an update has been issued you will be notified. 

Drop us an email or give us a call if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Gary

They've suggested a work-around, but it seems sometimes the data syncs and sometimes it doesn't. I'll sit tight for the moment and see what happens, hopefully it can get resolved.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Michael. Our API is 100% operational so does sound like something on their side. I'll leave you with Halaxy to work through the issue. They know to reach out to us if needed.

Kind regards,
    Jason