Product Key Invalid when uploading STP report??

E-Lan
E-Lan Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Payroll Premier
When submitting my 1st STP report on the Reckon Gov Connect, have an error ' Product Key Invalid'. What is that? I have fully registered my software, and have already done all the necessary set up to be STP ready???

Comments

• solomon Megharaj_10105556
    solomon Megharaj_10105556 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Even I have the same issue. Not sure why that would be. I have just left a message on the Reckon chat. Will wait and see what they come back with.
  • Kelly Serle
    Kelly Serle Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2019
    ive got the same issue and cant figure out why its so frustrating

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi guys,
    Can you do me a favour and open your JSON file, at the very top you'll see a V2. Can you please change this to V1 and save.
    Once that is done, upload the JSON file as your normally would into GovConnect.

Provided there aren't any other issues with the data in the submission it should work but please let me know either way.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

edited July 2019
    Yes Rav. That worked. Is there a fix to always have it on V1  quite frustrating to change it every time.
  • E-Lan
    E-Lan Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yeyyyy! changing to v1 works.  But now I cannot submit, keep having to check on the box that says I confirm registered my Software ID which I have already done so.  Will have to call ATO tomorrow and see if anything on their end that is hindering the process.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Good to hear its working guys. We're working on getting a fix developed so that you won't have to change V2 number in the JSON file repeatedly.

E-Lan, in regard to the Software ID checkbox, we've got the team working on that right now and expect it to be fixed shortly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Pia
    Pia Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, mine has worked now but do we need to change this every time? thx
  • Chelsea Bawden
    Chelsea Bawden Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    I cant see a V2 on my file.
  • Greta Soekanda
    Greta Soekanda Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, i have the same error “product key invalid”. How do i open the JSON file? Is it from window explorer?image
    edited July 2019
    Open with a notepad and you will see V2 at the top of the page.
  • Brad Marsh
    Brad Marsh Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    me too!
  • Brad Marsh
    edited July 2019
    I am still having trouble with product key invalid? 

I cant see V2 anywhere? 

It is automatically saving to my Q drive? 
  • Scott-Rachael Dawson
    Scott-Rachael Dawson Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Same, to many issues.... I have v1, still wont work

• Scott-Rachael Dawson
    Scott-Rachael Dawson Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    This did not fix mine... any thing else to try
  • Brad Marsh
    edited April 2020
    I've been on hold to Reckon technical support for 1 hour 40 minutes. Still trying to resolve!
  • Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Brad,

Have you opened up the JSON file in notepad? "v2" is right up the top..

• Rav
    edited July 2019
    Hi everyone,
    Our teams have been investigating this problem along with one other issue and we've just released a patch for Payroll Premier 2019/20 which will resolve this.

Check out this post here -
    Payroll Premier 2019/20 PATCH UPDATE

• Matthew Bordignon
    Matthew Bordignon Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    I'm still getting this issue, even after updating.
  • Suzanne_9757034
    Suzanne_9757034 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    I only just upgraded to 2019/20 today and got this error. Changing to V1 worked but do I still need a the patch? Also why does it have a warning saying I am using an old version and will need to upgrade to 2019/20 from August 1st when I am already using that version?
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Yes you need to install the patch Suzanne. Manually changing the number will not work from August 1 onward.

• Jenny_10159313
    Jenny_10159313 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2019
    I'm having the same problem with Reckon Accounts Plus 2019. Is there a patch for Reckon Accounts Plus 2019?
  • Suzanne_9757034
    Suzanne_9757034 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019
    I uploaded the report today with no issues (thus far) and did not install the patch.  I still have 5 weeks listed as pending but am not going to worry about that for now. Too much time spent on STP as it is :(
  • brady swann
    brady swann Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    installed the patch and am still getting the invalid product id error.
  • Rav
    edited August 2019
    Hi Brady,
    Can you please check out the info in this article -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5750

• brady swann
    brady swann Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    perfect mate thank you.
  • Sally Menzies_9736503
    Sally Menzies_9736503 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019
    I have received this error message today for the first time "product key is invalid".  I have changed the V2 to V1 and then receive a message that I am using a product version that has expired.  I have checked the phone number and ensured there are no spaces.  

Any other suggestions please?
  • Rav
    edited August 2019
    Hi Sally,
    Have you installed the patch update? Check my reply earlier in this thread for the link to the patch, its also currently the second pinned post on the main page of the Community.

• Sally Menzies_9736503
    Sally Menzies_9736503 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Rav and apologies. I skipped over that post as I have been successfully uploading since 01/07 with the new update, i thought it would be something else...  We are a weekly payroll and so i have been uploading every week since then.

Anyway, all good now.  Just uploaded.
  • Samantha_9713244
    Samantha_9713244 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Rav,
    I am getting Invalid Product Key today - Have been using V28 since start of FY with no STP issues - Patch was installed early July. 
    Odd that this has just happened today? 
  • Franko
    Franko Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2019
    Hi Rav,
    I am getting the same product key is invalid message with Reckon accounts plus 2019. Is there a patch for it?
  • Rav
    edited September 2019
    Creating new thread for Reckon Accounts Please reference the new conversation here: Product Key Invalid - Reckon Accounts Plus 2019