Program shutting down and Error codes coming up since updating software.

Jane Marie Prior
Jane Marie Prior Member Posts: 9
Hello. I had to update my reckon last October due to new computer. Since then I have been having an issue with it shutting down.   I get an error code as well. ATM the error is preventing me from opening a bill. I am worried that it is going to make me lose everything. Tech support wont help me. Can someone help me please.

Comments

• Jane Marie Prior
    edited February 2017

was just talking about doing that at lunch break. Will report back after.

• Jane Marie Prior
    edited February 2017

what do the error codes mean as I have had several

2005484137 several times today

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    I would do as Kevin suggests, and if that does not fix the problem, then you can reinstall the program (plus any updates) again. This will, in most cases, fix the problem.
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Occasionally I have reinstalled. Only if the verification and rebuild do not fix the problem, which is always my first move.
    Sometimes, but as a last resort, a re-installation is needed. It depends on how well people look after their computers. Every situation is different. :-)
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    NB always ensure you resort all list back to their original order (>List>chart of accounts>View>resort list etc) prior to verify/rebuild as they often get out of wack with an accidental click of the mouse.  I suggest you run the verify data a couple of times then Run the rebuild, if you still have issues then create a portable backup and restore.

Good Luck

• Jane Marie Prior
    edited February 2017

I have verified twice, rebult data once and backed up data and its still no better.

What should I do next?

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    If this was me, my next move would be to reinstall your program. Be sure to check Ctl 1 which program you have, including any updates, or you wont be able to open your file. I would, just to be extremely safe, install it in a different location ie. use a different name when you install it and then try to restore a backup file recently done.

Or, call support line for help.
  • Jane Marie Prior
    edited February 2017

Thanks everyone for your help.

Support help line wont help me as they initially told me to update to the latest version I had which was 2014. They didn't tell me they don't support it. I will get my IT guy to try reinstalling the programme.

Wish me luck!

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Good luck!!
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Or in another place on the same computer....
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    LOL, and what if they don't have one?
  • Jane Marie Prior
    edited February 2017
    Ill reinstall on same computer first. If that is no good then I will reinstall on another computer.