Purchase order for non-inventory purchase in Reckon Hosted

Options
Swimming WA
Swimming WA Member Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in Accounts Hosted
I'm looking for assistance in creating Purchase Orders for non-inventory purchases, ie services and office administration expenses.

I'm only new to this role, 4 weeks, and I haven't previously used Reckon.

The staff have been doing POs for these non-inventory purchases through the system but they are picked up as inventory items. When entering the invoice through 'Enter Bills' and calling up POs for the Supplier, the entry appears under the 'Items' tab and therefore I need to cut and paste it to the 'Expenses' tab and also trace back to the source document for the account number, because, as you would expect, there is no field to put the account number when doing an inventory item PO.

So is it possible to do a non-inventory purchase order in Reckon Hosted 2015image?

Thanks

Comments

• Marie Pollard
    Marie Pollard Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You should be able to create a heading Go in to chart of accounts and see if there is a heading there that relates to your item then control c it then go back to putchas order control v and use that heading
  • DFB
    DFB Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Create the Service or Item and identify them as non-inventory items. If you don't wish to create an item for every service, create a collective Service such as Admin Services, then articulate the details in the Memo field when completing the invoice.For generic things like office stationery just use a collective grouping like Office Supplies.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Swimming WA,

You can use non-inventory parts on a Purchase Order.

By them using Inventory Parts your inventory and item list must be a mess!!!

As you can't select expense accounts when creating purchase orders you need to create a non-inventory item per expense account. However you can't change an inventory part to a non-inventory part, so you will have to start again. And you can't have 2 items with the same name, so you need to change the names of the old items and make them inactive so they don't get used again and then use your new items.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Emma White
    Emma White Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2018
    Options
    This is really annoying as I dont want to create a item for every expense account.    Reckon please fix so purchase order can be raised for expense accounts not just items.
  • Tilley
    Tilley Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options

have reckon still not fixed this?

I have suppliers requesting a Purchase order for non inventory items that are only linked to an expense account or even a pooled assett - new capital purchase and yet I cant raise one it Reckon. My advise would be to raise on in word or excel on your letter head to cover such expenses or assett.