put data file so more then one person can see it

Options
Mary Rogl_9995079
Mary Rogl_9995079 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Hosted problem - Need help with data file - was doing a backup and the internet went down and now the file cannot be opened, I have a backup but it is only on my Q drive and i need the client to be able to see it what do I need to do

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Mary - if your internet went down, this wouldnt affect the backup that was happening on Hosted - it should have still be running... maybe when you first tried to log back in it was still doing the backup - hence it wouldnt let you in - however, you should have later been able to get into the file?  Have you restarted your computer and tried again since you posted this message?
  • Mary Rogl_9995079
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It didnt affect the back up when I log in to original file it says that i cant as this file cannot be used as it was in the process of removing old transactions and did not finish - please restore a back up but when I did the back up it's location is my Q drive so doesnt have the the location of \RAH.... which means client cannot see the file
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    So now I am confused?  a backup does not remove old transactions?  So were you doing something else that involved a backup as part of the process? 

And are you saying that there is an actual backup file in your Q drive?  So can you login and restore the backup file thats in your Q drive to their shared location for the file?
  • Mary Rogl_9995079
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yes I have a back up in my Q drive but need to get it into the shared location, I was trying to clean up the file and then do a backup but luckily I did a backup first that I saved to my Q drive and now I have restored it but the location is Q drive not the shared drive and I dont know how to get it there so the client can use it
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ok - thats good you have a backup - so open Hosted again on your machine - then go through the Open or Restore a file process again - select the backup from your Q drive - but this time, when it asks where to restore the file to... make sure you look in your Q drive for the link to the shared folder where the clients file would normally be - you may need to restore it with a different name into that folder and then tell the Client what the new name of the file is?....
    it is also possible to copy the file that you have already restored to your Q drive - by using the toolbox icon - click the download file button - then scroll to the file - RIGHT click on it so its selected but not opened - press Ctrl+C to copy the file - then go to the shared folder of your client - then press Ctr;+V to paste the file.... now close that window - and go to Open or Restore a file - choose Open, navigate to the shared folder and check that you can open it?
  • Mary Rogl_9995079
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Thank you Linda really appreciate your help