QBO file will not download

Options
Woody1999
Woody1999 Member Posts: 16
edited March 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have been trying to import my bank statement from CBA since yesterday. Reckon Accounts converts the file to QBO ok but when I try to download the QBO to an existing Reckon account I get the following error: "An error occurred while processing your online banking data. Your data was not imported into Reckon. Please try importing your data again. If this error persists, contact Reckon Accounts technical support." This has only happened this week and has been working fine up until now. Does anyone have any ideas please as to why this is happening?

Comments

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Woody1999

Sorry to hear you have encountered some difficulty with importing your bank statement.

From what you said the error comes on the Import Bank Statement screen after you have selected the QIF file, the location for the QBO file, selected the bank account, and then clicked OK.

This may be because the QIF file is not a QuickenAUS QIF file format.  The CBA provides 3 formats, so please make sure the correct one is selected:

Also, we have a video on importing QIFs into Accounts Business at: 
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/importing_your_bank_statement_into_reckon_accounts_hosted
    if you need to review the process.

regards,
    John

• Woody1999
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks John, but it is after this point.

The file converts ok from a QIF to a QBO, it is in the following steps that it errors:

• I select "Import new transactions now" and click OK
    • On the screen "You are downloading transactions for the following account", I select "Use an existing Reckon account" and click continue

It is at this point that I get the error message above.

Do you have any other suggestions? I have been doing the process for years and this is the first time I have received this error.

Thanks

• Woody1999
    edited September 2014
    Options
    UPDATE: The CBA have confirmed that there is an issue on their end exporting files at the moment.