QBW32.EXE - Bad Image - Prem Ver2010-2011 URGENT

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/new/ QBW32.EXE - Bad Image - Prem Ver2010-2011 WinV10 - Suddenly I cannot access quickbooks on main computer WinV10 (thinking its from an Win update).  It attempts to open but doesn't respond. Other comp WinV7 is ok. I tried System restore  but didn't work. fileopens.
Photo of Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Reckon community Jenny,

Did your computer upgrade to Windows 10 with the latest Windows update?
If so, do as the message suggests - uninstall Quickbooks 2010-11 and reinstall it.
Here is a guide.

However, your version of QuickBooks will experience some difficulties on Windows 10.  Pleae see these notes:

Windows 10 and Reckon Accounts

Running older versions of Reckon Accounts/QuickBooks on newer technology

regards,
John
Photo of Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders

Hi John,
Yes, it is the only computer I have with Windows 10 and it did the update, my other computer is running windows 7 Professional and it is working OK. 
It appears to be loading, then stops and we receive the error message.  I am not in a position to upgrade.  I have several disks and I'm not sure what disk to attempt to install. 1. QuickBooks 2010/11   2. QuickBooks upgrade resources 2010/11  3 QuickBooks 2010/11 Service Pack.   Can you please advise ?

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 38,584 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Call me Kevin t:0407744914
Photo of Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders

Hi Russell, feel bad asking again, Thanks for your assistance the other day, I have reloaded Quickbooks 2010-11 When I attempt to open the company it says. The file was last used with release R2.  I cannot find where or how I can download R2. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have done everything listed, update didnt n
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 38,584 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Its KEVIN. Send me an email kevin@zappy.com.au
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jenny,

Your current installation of QuickBooks 2010/11 will not work once the PC is upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to changes in the way Windows 10 registry works.  Un-installing the existing installation and re-installing (in compatibility mode for Windows 7; see guide here) will give you an operational QuickBooks 2010/11.  However, please take note of the comments in the links above - you will not have full functionality; in Save As PDF, emailing, and probably report generation.  

If you need help doing the un-install and re-install please see your IT professional.

You should consider upgrading to the latest version which is fully compatible with the technological advances in PCs of the past few years.  

regards,
John