QBW32.exe has been identified as a Trojan program

Vicky_10115894
Vicky_10115894 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
QBW32.exe has been identified as a Trojan program (PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic) through Kaspersky on Accounts 2019 new upgrade. Checking if this is safe to restore?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Vicky.  This "problem" has been occurring for years.  That is the reason, I believe, why the instructions for upgrading, specifically tell you to turn off your virus checker before you start.
    John L G
  • Diane W
    Diane W Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2020

Hi John.  Do you think this a real Trojan virus?

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Personally, no.  As I said, this was the case years ago, hence I believe that is the reason that we are told to turn off our virus checker.  This is not the only program which has this peculiarity.  If you are uncertain, I am sure that Reckon will confirm this with you.
    John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Diane,
    Just adding to John's reply above, the reason behind this warning message is due to some of the sub installations that are launched and required for the installation of the program. These files do not actually contain a virus but I can certainly understand how this looks rather concerning.
    I wasn't actually aware of this but its something I'll raise with the product manager.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Vicky_10115894
    Vicky_10115894 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Just advising that I did have the virus checker off when I installed the upgrade and used the program with no problems yesterday. The 'virus' came up while saving a new invoice.
  • Diane W
    Diane W Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2019

Thanks Vicky for raising this concern, and John and Rav for explaining the situation.  I am about to update Reckon 2019's tax schedule and would like to avoid any complications.  Thanks again.