QODBC - Is the read only version still free with Reckon Enterprise 2018 Desktop? If so, how do I act

Bruce Hamilton
Bruce Hamilton Member Posts: 8
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
QODBC - Is the read only version still free with Reckon Enterprise 2018 Desktop?
If so, how do I activate it? Is there a particular activation key that I need to use?
I installed QODBC, but it is now telling me that the evaluation period has expired. The only option in Reckon is 'File/Utilities/ODBC solution' which doesn't explain anything other than providing a link to download a trial version of QODBC whilst stating 'QODBC read-only edition is included FREE with Reckon Accounts Desktop Premier and Enterprise editions.'

Comments

• Bruce Hamilton
    edited September 2018
    Turns out that QODBC is no longer provided free with Reckon Enterprise. I have to purchase a read-only version. Tom, from FlexTools was very helpful in explaining this. Reckon support was not at all helpful. Reckon needs to correct their website which still says that QODBC is provided free (https://www.reckon.com/marketplace/add-on/qodbc-driver/). I have wasted a lot of time trying to solve this problem and am not very happy with Reckon for misleading me and for being unable to help. Your support people need to know your products and services.
  • David Robertson_9018461
    David Robertson_9018461 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2018

Hi Bruce
    Once you have clicked on the QODBC down load and allowed Reckon to grant access to the ODBC you should see a screen like the above. Remember the data souce name shown as QuickBooks Data in the screen shot. Then when you look for the data source in excel you will see QuickBooksData as a data source. This exposes all the Quickbooks tables.

I do believe this utility still comes free with Reckon and you do not have to register the product or do anything even though the installation asks you to register the product.

Regards

David
  • Bruce Hamilton
    edited August 2018
    David,
    Thanks. This is the point where the connection test tells me that the QODBC evaluation has expired. I managed to speak to the QODBC product manager, Tom Aczel, and he advised me that QODBC is no longer provided free with Reckon Enterprise. I will have to purchase a QODBC licence.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Bruce,
    Thank you for raising this and my sincere apologies for the miscommunication and frustration caused over this.

I have raised this with our teams and am in the process of getting the page on our Add-on Marketplace updated to avoid any further confusion.

Apologies again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hello Bruce, how are you
    What is the main area  you need to use QODBC  tool?
    give me a call pls on 0407068942:Chandra

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009