Quantity Discounts & items changed

Michael Filios
Michael Filios Member Posts: 7
edited February 2019 in Point of Sale
Using the previous version of POS Professional I could create a quantity discount on two items. For example we do a 2 for $10 on McWilliam's Inheritance range of wines. There are several different varietals in this range (as with other wines we do multiple buys on) So when a customer buys a Chardonnay and Cab Merlot they would get it for $10. With yesterdays upgrade it will not calculate the discount on the two items but on two chardonnays or cab merlots, not a mixtutre of both. The wording of the qty discount price applies when multiples of (Xnumber) of an item are purchased. Before it would calculate a discount on any item.   

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for your post.

I have replicated and created a new promo in 2014 and it's working the way you were trying. 

Please see my screenshots and see if that's how you set up yourself. Otherwise, save an image of your setup as a jpeg and upload it here by replying to this post.

With my setup, I've set 1 Apple and 1 V drink will cost $10 in total. 

(Individual prices are different and without promo the total would be $14)

Now did a sale in Terminal by choosing 1 Apple and 1 V drink:

You can see how it changed the amount to $10.

Let me know how you've setup and we'll go from there. 

Thanks.

Ifti

• Michael Filios
    edited February 2019

Hi Ifti, Thank You for your prompt response. Unfortunately Im dealing with several products at a time and they can be a combination of two of the same or two different ones. Two of the same product works fine but two different products will not calculate the appropriate discount. In the previous version it would calculate if it were two different products in the product range. Please see below a graphical example. POS Pro works fine if it want to sell two Inheritance Brut, but not one Brut and a Port. This promotion we are doing the Inheritance range (below) $5.99 or Two for $10. Hopefully this explains my dilemma a bit better. There are a number of this type of special (Two for $X in a range) we run fortnightly whether it be spirits, beer and wine.

Cheers

Mick

• Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mick,

Thanks for the detailed info.

I've replicated it and found the reason behind it.

It's due to the new promo feature which lets you use multiple products and use quantity. Some info in Page 8 in Installation and Upgrade Guide:
    http://www.reckon.com.au/Documents/Guides/2014_Reckon_POS_IaUG.pdf

Due to this, previous promotions won't work as they used to. Unfortunately, you will have to create multiple promos using the quantity based option and the ‘combination of one of every item’ option  (an example is in my screenshot of first reply).Eg. one promo with the first and second item, one promo with the first and third item, one promo with the first and fourth item, …, one promo with the second item and third item etc.

We understand it's tedious but will achieve what is the expected result from you.

Let me know how you go or need more clarification.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Michael Filios
    edited May 2014
    Hi Ifti. Thank you again for your timely response. I was a user of MYOB retail Manager since June 2000, which couldn't do what your system could do with the "2 for" promotions previously. 10 lines of products by 10 product mixed product options...100 variations, not really a fix. Say 3 minutes per setup, 5 hours to setup initially, promoted 7 times a year say 1 minute to change promotion dates, that would be 2 hours per product line per promotion a bit more than tedious. Each fortnightly promotion could have 5 - 8 "2 for" promotions. It would take me a day just do enter/update each promotion. Is this something Reckon could look at rectifying or patching back to the way it was? 
  • Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mick,

I understand where you're coming from.

I've passed on your comment to our Developers. I am not too sure if any patch is coming up or if the new feature will change. But they might consider it. They have done it to fix another POS Promotion issue.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

Ifti
  • homebrewshop
    homebrewshop Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Hi
    I also have the same problem I would have to do well over 500 promotions instead of 10 and take days to setup. Can they please do a patch or i will have to go back to 2013 which is not good

jeff

• Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your post. 

I've passed your comment to the developers too for consideration. 

Thanks.

Ifti
  • Afshin
    Afshin Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2015
    Hi Ifti,

do you have any update on this issue as I'm running a grocery shop and have the same problem... It is very inconvenient to introduce a combination of promotions for what it used to be only 1 in previous version.

Thanks

• Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Afshin,
    Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there's no update for the Promo. However, soon a patch is coming out to fix the "search" issue in the new POS 2014. Promo is a new feature and I don't know if they will change it in near future.

You can send your requests of new feature/feedback via Reckon Accounts. Go to Help > Suggest New feature and our developers will get your messages.

Thanks.

Ifti
  • Tanby Garden Centre
    Tanby Garden Centre Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    Hello,
    We have a garden centre and are tearing our hair out over the fact that we can no longer run the multi-buy promotions we used to have.  Customers not happy either!  Same problem as those above.  Seems a real backward step.  Hope a fix will come soon. Joanna
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for raising your concerns and providing your feedback Jo, I've passed it onto product management.
    ?