Question: IAS and payroll summary not matching.

Denise Durant
Denise Durant Member Posts: 38
Since we upgraded to Reckon Accounts 2018 in July 2018 the monthly cosmetic IAS report for August  PAYG does not match the monthly Payroll Summary report for August 2018.  The amount shown at W1 is quite different to the amount shown on the Payroll summary report. I've been doing this for a number of years and the IAS report has always shown the same figure as what's on the payroll summary.  Has the upgrade changed any of the payroll items?  Appreciate your help. Denise

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

HI Denise.  There are definitely times when something causes the background information to change.  In my experience, this is fairly rare these days.  However, what you will need to do is to click on the W1 label when you re preparing your IAS report and see that background information is being selected.  Also, depending on how you have set up your payroll items, you may have to select values from more than one place on your Payroll Summary, in order to reconcile against W1.  I generally have three separate areas on my Payroll Summary which I have to take into consideration for my reconciliation.
    John L G
  • Denise Durant
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for your response John.  Yes I understand and I have checked the W1 label. However I am still perplexed by the IAS W1 figure being several thousand less than the Payroll Summary. This is not a usual occurrence and will check each payroll item in case something has changed.   
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Give me a ring on 0428 695454, if you like, Denise and I can work through it with you.
    John L G
  • Denise Durant
    edited June 2020
    Thanks John