Question on when the Home Inventory manager is going to be given a few more tools to make it more us

Options
Martin Sudul
Martin Sudul Member Posts: 3
I have been using the various iterations of Home Inventory manager now since the version 2008 and for a while it was OK. But now I find that there are nearly 1500 items in the data base. There is however no means of searching this data to find items that have since died, been retired, sold, duplicated or passed on to others. This makes it very difficult to manage correctly. I did find that you can run an inventory value summary report and then highlight all of the lines, use ctrl copy and paste into a blank spreadsheet. Clumsy but it does work. It would be much nicer to be able to export the data as a csv file. What is Rekon's intentions for this product, it would be nice to see items by their age, resale value and then be able to update them. The reports are just that, there is no ability to drill in on an item on a report and change the data. Alternatively are there other tools that allow these functions to be performed?

Comments

• Martin Sudul
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Does anyone from Reckon even look at these posts?
  • Martin Sudul
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You know it is curious that i did get a reply supposedly from a Reckon person! well the user id given was followed by the word employee in brackets? which said "Hi Martin, It is highly unlikely that an update to that older Home Inventory product would be forthcoming. Regards, Reckon Data Recovery Team" Very curious to know why this does not appear on this forum for others to see! Any way I then contacted Customer Service at Reckon and yes I got a response which confirmed that the home inventory feature has not been changed. They then went on to suggest contacting tech support or look for an answer on this forum even though i clearly indicated i had been on the forum. So the bottom line is there is no search facility for this product , nor it seems is it likely in the future so why would I bother to continue to upgrade to the latest version (2017) particularly since the price has gone up by more than 10%. Reckon you have lost me as a customer. End of story, end or rant Good luck to all you other users