quick books 2007/08

Ray_9664636
Ray_9664636 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,
I am a small business operator who is using Quick books 2007/2008.
today when i went to open it it just won't respond. I have tried uninstall and reinstall still not responding.
I run the software on my desktop, and after double clicking it, it opens and asks for my file password. after that it goes grey as below:

then if i click somewhere on the screen it gives me the below screen showing (not responding)

I am stuck, please help.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi Ray,

Does the sample file or a backup open correctly or does it have the same issue?

It looks like you're running Windows 10, have you been able to use this older edition on the W10 operating system successfully before this error?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ray_9664636
    edited May 2018
    Hi Rav,

Both files have the same outcome. 
    I made a quote for a customer yesterday morning and in the evening when I ran the software again it started to give this issue. 
    I thought it was some glitch so left it. But when I came to use it again this morning the issue had not be resolved.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me Ray,

Ok, I know you've mentioned you've already uninstalled but can I ask that you perform a 'clean' uninstallation, that is removing all components of program from your PC before installing again. You may need a third party removal tool such as Revo Uninstaller for this but please check out the process in this KB article -

Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ray_9664636
    edited May 2018
    Thaks Rav,

Yes, I did remove completely. It asked me if I wanted to remove some files that are been shared and I said yes.
  • Ray_9664636
    edited May 2018
    if you think that is not sufficient, which third part removal tool do you recommend?
  • Rav
    edited May 2018
    Revo Uninstaller is one that has proven successful. Please ensure that you have backups of your file and multiple copies of them in separate locations before attempting this.?

• Ray_9664636
    edited May 2018
    i uninstalled the quick books using Revo uninstaller, but it is still appearing on the desktop. but i can't see it in the control panel programs and features option. If i double click the desktop icon, it runs the software and ends up at the same error page.

I just reinstalled it and after restarting it came up with an error screen: "an installation support file could not be installed. Catastrophic failure."
  • Ray_9664636
    edited August 2019
    HI Kevin, 
    do you mean for the quick books or the Revo uninstaller?

I just reinstalled it and after restarting it came up with an error screen: "an installation support file could not be installed. Catastrophic failure."