Quickbooks 2007-08

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered
I am trying top update a version 7 file to 2007-08. I downloaded the installation files and I got a Premier key from Reckon support. It works fine but when I try to open the version seven file it says it is from newer version. So I try to update the software for the 08-09 tax update patch for 2007-08 and it won't apply because it says the 07-08 version which is installed is "too old". If the messages were consistent it would be helpful. Rav, are you out there? Shane? Anyone? 
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,956 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Suffused with ennui.

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 16,026 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kevin, I believe you are getting this message because Version 7 needs to be upgraded to 2002 first, then you can upgrade to 07/08 and only then can you go to any of the QBi versions.  Cheers
Photo of Kevin Russell

Nice Linda. Let me try it
Photo of Kevin Russell

Ah do you have an IKC for 2002? I can't find one anywhere and support have all gone home
Photo of Linda Putland

Sorry Kevin - if I was at home I could look one up - but I am away this weekend - back after 6pm tonight?
Photo of Kevin Russell

That will do nicely Linda. Seriously I dont believe it's the issue the upgrade went through just fine. I simply can't open the file and the messages are about as useful as a hex dump of an IBM 3820
Photo of Linda Putland

Sorry Kevin - I couldnt find the IKC when I got home and then I forgot to let you know!  have you been able to get one from Reckon today?  I could start up an old computer and get the IKC from there - but I dont have time to do that until later today.
Photo of Luke

Luke, Employee

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kevin,

As Linda has suggested, you will need to upgrade a V7 data file to QuickBooks 2002 before it can be upgraded to QuickBooks 2007/08.

If you still require an IKC for QB 2002, please let me know and I will organise for our Customer Service team to email you it.

Thanks.

Luke
(Edited)