Quickbooks 2007-08

Zappy
Zappy Accredited Partner Posts: 5,324 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
I am trying top update a version 7 file to 2007-08. I downloaded the installation files and I got a Premier key from Reckon support. It works fine but when I try to open the version seven file it says it is from newer version. So I try to update the software for the 08-09 tax update patch for 2007-08 and it won't apply because it says the 07-08 version which is installed is "too old". If the messages were consistent it would be helpful. Rav, are you out there? Shane? Anyone? 

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Kevin, I believe you are getting this message because Version 7 needs to be upgraded to 2002 first, then you can upgrade to 07/08 and only then can you go to any of the QBi versions.  Cheers
  • Linda ABC
    edited February 2019
    Sorry Kevin - if I was at home I could look one up - but I am away this weekend - back after 6pm tonight?

• Linda ABC
    edited February 2019
    Sorry Kevin - I couldnt find the IKC when I got home and then I forgot to let you know!  have you been able to get one from Reckon today?  I could start up an old computer and get the IKC from there - but I dont have time to do that until later today.
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Hi Kevin,

As Linda has suggested, you will need to upgrade a V7 data file to QuickBooks 2002 before it can be upgraded to QuickBooks 2007/08.

If you still require an IKC for QB 2002, please let me know and I will organise for our Customer Service team to email you it.

Thanks.

Luke