Quickbooks 2010 upgrade

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I would like to upgrade from the standalone Quickbooks Accounting Small Business Edition 2010-11 so that I can get access to the reporting function that tells me the average time for each client to pay invoices.  Otherwise I am perfectly happy with the 2010-11 product.  What do you suggest ?
Photo of Scott MacLean

Scott MacLean

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scott,

You will already have that in the company snapshot.

Regards,
Shane.
Photo of Scott MacLean

Scott MacLean

Nope, not in my software.  I have access to Company Snapshot but only via <Company> <Company Snapshot> i.e. not in the icon bar, but this report is not one of those that appear on the screen.
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scott,

Should be there on the Customers tab....

The average days to pay will show only when invoices have been issued to the Customer and payments received against them.  

regards,
John
Photo of Scott MacLean

Scott MacLean

Nope.  All I can get from there is this ... (showing blank here to protect confidentiality).

Photo of John G

Hi Scott,

Company > Company Snapshot....

regards,
John
Photo of Scott MacLean

Scott MacLean

I'm not being deliberately obtuse, but when I go that route I get a screen with:
  • Income and expense trend graph (not that interesting)
  • Account balances (ditto)
  • Reminders (which I ignore)
  • Customers who owe money (but I have that from the Customer Centre tab, which I use to monitor open invoices, and Ageing, but the latter is only for customers who haven't paid yet)
  • Suppliers to pay (which I can get from the Supplier's Centre tab).
I just don't think what I want is available in my version of Quickbooks, which is why I asked my original question.
Photo of John G

Hi Scott,

Click on the Customers tab to see the table in Shane's post where you'll see the line "Average days to pay".  This number can only be calculated from the dates of the Invoice and their payment.  In the Customer box at the top of the screen you can select your Customer.  You will not see a separate table of "Average days to pay" with all customers listed.

regards,
John
Photo of Scott MacLean

Scott MacLean

I am really, really sorry, but it ... is ... not ... there ...

Photo of John G

Hi Scott,

On the top menu line click on Company > Company Snapshot to display the Company Snapshot screen.  On the Snapshot screen click on the Customer tab to see customer information.  it will probably show the first customer on your Customer List.  In the Customer field at top centre, select the Customer you want to view.  

hope this helps.

regards,
John
(Edited)
Photo of Scott MacLean

Scott MacLean

There is no customer tab on the company snapshot screen. There are no tabs at all on the company snapshot screen.  It looks like this ...

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scott,

So with the company snap shot, it seems like it has had some updates over the years and this feature was not originally part of it I'm really sorry to say.  Sincere apologies for that, we didn't realise initially as its been a while since the snap shot was introduced.  So basically to get that feature you would need to upgrade to the 2017 version.   But just take note that the Accounting edition is only available as an annual subscription now, so you would need to renew each year.  If you need a full version I believe you would be able to get a Plus upgrade license which I is a full version, just at a lower cost than a full version for existing users. Unfortunately Accounting is now only available as an annual subscription.  If you do decide to go forward with upgrading it would be a good idea to give our sales team a call to help work out your best options.

I'm really sorry for the mix up on this Scott.  Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Shane.
Photo of Scott MacLean

Scott MacLean

Yep, that's what I thought at the outset.  I'm a sole operator, and it's probably not worth switching to an annual licence arrangement.  But I'll have a look at the pricing.