Quickbooks 2012/13 plus want to upgrade. Options please

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Quickbooks 2012/13 plus want to upgrade on my PC running windows 10. QQB 2012/13 works perfectly as do not need all the bells and whistles BUT would like to upgrade to reckon accounts say 2014 or 2016??
The reason i am thinking about upgrading is to try to catch up with versions but DO NOT want to go with online software.
The main reason is i am trying to email payslips in 2012/13 but when i go to forms and the employee email is there but the employee is not in the forms list to select. I feel i have done something wrong and has only done cheques how do i do payee slips??
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 12,152 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You won’t be able to upgrade to those early versions, only the latest, and it doesn’t have to be An online version. Personally I would be inclined to persevere with what you have If it is working ok as the only one you can upgrade to is a yearly subscription - not cheap
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
thank you, do you know how to do payslips in 2012/13 version
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 12,152 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
No I can’t remember and no longer have that version. What I have done with people who are happy to use an old version for accounting purposes is suggest they use Reckon One ($7 a month just for payroll) and enter one payment In total in Quickbooks for wages to gross and tax, and use Reckon One for Payslips, payment summaries and STP, it’s a cheaper option. There is nothing wrong with using Quickbooks 2012/13, as long as it’s not for payroll as it doesn’t have STP and the tax has to be calculated manually for wages