Quickbooks online???

Maree_7433728
Maree_7433728 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Just saw a TV ad for Quickbooks Online by Intuit. Direct bank feeds, free payroll, cheaper than Reckon Accounts Online & free upgrades from old software. What is this, is it affiliated with Reckon?

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Maree,

No they are not affiliated.

In summary, many years ago Reckon purchased the licence off Intuit to be able to sell QuickBooks in Australia. A couple of years ago the licence was no longer viable and so they decided to no longer continue the relationship. They still have the product which you are used to, but it was renamed to Reckon Accounts, as the licencing agreement meant the name couldn't be used.

In relation to what you have seen advertised - bank feeds are being "improved" in the next release that is not far away and although it may seem cheaper you will lose significant functionality to what you get now. This may or may not be an issue for you, but it is definitely something you need to consider.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Toni Jamieson
    Toni Jamieson Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    QuickBooks Online by Intuit runs overseas in America, Canada etc.  As per the above reply, Reckon does have bank feeds.
    Good luck :)
  • Toni Jamieson
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Kevin - that's interesting to know.  I'm over in good old NZ and we don't hear to much about that over hear.  I actually came across one of our clients who has just moved over here from the States and she has QuickBooks Online from Intuit! I'm looking forward to ReckonOne which is just picking up in NZ :)
  • Katherine Smith
    Katherine Smith Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019
    There is a lot of pressure from my clients to move to Xero.  They are gaining market share- has anyone done a features and benefits analysis XERO v  Reckon online? would be very interested. 
  • Toni Jamieson
    edited August 2019
    I am an accountant and there is no pressure in our firm to push to Xero.  We support whichever software suits the client - we scope across all of them, I believe this is very important.  And yes I agree to the above that Reckon Hosted has so much more than Xero as an all in one suite - Xero requires a lot of add ons to get to where Reckon Hosted is.already as a complete package.
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Wow, this is getting interesting here, Kev, yes Reckon Enterprise has almost most of the features, and for last 16 years or more , since i have been using,lots of improvements has been done.
    Well, if there is any thing else a client want like additional tools for WIP, we can get you this, for very minimal price and many more. RA Premier and Enterprise are both most stable, solid applications i have dealt with. Virtually we do not have any crashes. We are also Tax Agents and public accountants, i will always refer clients to Reckon Accounts.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Maree_7433728
    Maree_7433728 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the replies. I have been a reckon user for years - for my husbands business as well as at work (accountant). I have had a few clients move to Xero and while I can see its appeal it definitely has its limitations. I am pleased to hear that Reckon has bank data improvements on the way as this side of Reckon Accounts definitely needs some upgrades to keep up with the new competitors.
  • Katherine Smith
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for all your comments - I recently renewed my reckon licence but was still uncomfortable with my decision - was it based on the pain of change? or can I justify the technology and the features etc ? . I will stick with Reckon for another 12 months and see. However,  I would like Reckon to deal with their server latency problems.
  • Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015
    Kevin - I do not believe that Katherine was saying that Zero is better she just wanted to know if there was a marketing tool that could be used that compared Xero to Reckon One or Reckon Hosted.  I think that is a great idea.  We all need to do more marketing in our areas to push Xero back and let everyone know we have immensely better products.
  • Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015

All very interesting comments and some of these points maybe should be bought up at the roadshows coming up soon.  I think that Reckon needs to Market their products more vigorously so that one day I do not have to tell people that our products started out as QuickBooks etc etc and give the history lesson.

I do a lot of Networking and Xero seems to be everywhere doing their promos.  I am organising some information days in my area but I would like to see a National advertising campaign to get the brand more recognized.

• Katherine Smith
    edited July 2017
    I also develop an online business solution for the Printing Industry and Xero were only too happy to gives us assistance to integrate their API into our MIS system (of course they were !! ).
     I approached Reckon at one of their Roadshows and they did not even understand the question. the Xero api allows our back end system to create an invoice for online transactions and it auto posts in the accounting package - very simple and clean, Of course they hope to sell more instances to printers - well they want us to sell them - that is their business model "stickiness" 
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hmmm, talk to us we would be keen to integrate your app with Reckon desktop versions, we have online subscriptions direct debit cloud solution which integrates with Reckon desktop.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Katherine Smith
    edited July 2017
    Will discuss with team - and contact you - thanks for the interest.