Quickbooks Plus 2009/10 , Windows 7, Search function in the Help keeps giving a script error.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I am trying to turn on the Manual Payroll function in Quickbooks Plus 2009/10 via the Search Help as suggested but the Search Help function keeps giving a Script Error. Is the Help Search function still available for Quickbooks Plus 2009/10?  Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of Brilkey

Brilkey

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,148 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brilkey,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

This script error is a result of using a later Internet Explorer version for which the 2009/10 version was configured.  QuickBooks 2009/10 was configured for Internet Explorer 7.

To access the Help Index you will need to revert to Internet Explorer 7.  Why not think about using the XP Mode for Quickbooks 2009/10?

To turn on Payroll, Edit > Preferences > Payroll & Employees > Company Preferences,  and click on the Full Payroll radio button.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
John
Photo of Brilkey

Brilkey

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Manual Payroll.

Why can't I setup manual Payroll. The function was available when I last used the software but now I keep getting a Script error when I try to setup manual payroll on a new installation/system.
Photo of Brilkey

Brilkey

Hi John,
I have tried what you suggested but I still get the script error. It is looking for a file that should be on my C drive but i think it has been removed or blocked during installation by Intuit. There is a number of links within the help file that can't be found so I think they have been removed from the web or not installed during the installation of Quickbooks. If you have any other suggestion or can advise where I may be able to access these files it would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,148 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brilkey,

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

regards,
Photo of Brilkey

Brilkey

I'm using Windows 7, but starting Quickbooks in XP with Service Pack 3 Mode with admin rights. I'm using Explorer 11 but I read that when you use the XP mode it will use the Explorer 6 functionality of 11. Is this correct. I also read you can't install Explorer 6 on Windows 7.
Photo of Alex Tan

Alex Tan, Alum

• 2,146 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brilkey,

As you are using Windows XP lets take Windows 7 out of the picture.

When using QuickBooks 09/10 it utilises Internet Explorer 6 to load certain pages inside the software. This would suggest that it is a requirement to have Internet Explorer 6 on your XP virtual machine in order to get the pages to load.

If you have done this and still not loading you may want to try to do an uninstall and reinstall of the software and keep the antivirus disabled during installation. Hopefully all files get written to the appropriate folder and the feature will start working again.

Let me know if this helps.
Kind regards,
Alex
(Edited)