Quickbooks Premier 2010-11. I had a new computer installed yesterday and today I cannot e-mail state

Amy_8995359
Amy_8995359 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We run Quickbooks Premier 2010-11. I had a new computer installed yesterday and everything transferred over and today I cannot e-mail statements or Invoices. I also can't save them as a pdf without Quickbooks freezing and not responding forcing me to close the programme and start again. I have googled and nothing seems to work. When I select to e-mail something I get "Could not print to printer, Check your printer selection" I dont want to print I want to e-mail, I can however print fine if that makes any difference.

I have gone to preferences, send forms and cant select a print option as suggested by google.

Any ideas? 

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    I had a similar problem with not being able to print to pdf, and so could not email too.
    The problem for me was that I needed to install an older version of a pdf program, the new versions are not compatible with the older QBooks.

• Allan Hamblin_8709759
    Allan Hamblin_8709759 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2019
    I had my computer shop install my QB 10-11 (x Wind XP) on my Windows 8 laptop. Worked fine until printing Invoices. I called him and he said run QB as administrator - OK. Must be a common prob. I hate PDF especially Adobe.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    I use PDFCreator, very easy to use program. You can get it from ninite.com

• Amy_8995359
    edited March 2017
    Sorry our computed guy locked me out yesterday while he tried to fix it...he failed!! What the os? what version of windows? its Windows 7. He has just taken it back to office 2007 as it was running a newer version yesterday. I am now also getting an error saying the quickbooks pdf converter isnt installed or isnt working properly, we uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times yesterday with no luck.
  • Amy_8995359
    edited March 2017
    have figured out a way to print to a seperate pdf programme (rather than saving directly as a pdf as still cant do that) and save as a file and attach manually in an email for the meantime :) takes longer and is annoying as can't email directly from quickbooks but gets me back up and running for any urgent matters. gives us time to sort out the main issue properly!!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Hi Amy,

Can you please follow this KB to reconfigure the PDF Converter -

Uninstall and re-install the Reckon Accounts PDF converter

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.