Quickbooks unable to find your default mail provider in the Windows registry & MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 464 in sendemail.cpp.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I have just bought a new computer with windows 10 and loaded my quickbooks premier 2012/2103 software but it won't send invoices. I get quickbooks was unable to find your default mail provider in the Windows registry message then i get this message MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 464 in sendemail.cpp. Have tried many 'fixes' off the internet but doesn't seem to help. I am not very tech savvy so windows 10 is completely different to what I'm used to. Had no problems with windows 7 .Thanks
Photo of Kristina

Kristina

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,922 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kristina,

Unfortunately, Reckon Accounts 2015 and below are not compatible with Windows 10 and due to this, you may encounter issues performing certain tasks/functions.

A common troubleshooting measure which has proven successful for some users is to run the program with Administrator privileges. Right click on your program icon and select Run as Admin.
Photo of Kristina

Kristina

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
okay.thanks. I have tried running as an administrator but still no go. thankyou for the swift reply
Photo of Kellie Cockerell

Kellie Cockerell

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is this the case with Account 2017 & windows 10? 
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Kellie,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

You need to make Outlook the default email provider on your PC.  
go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Default Programs, select Outlook and click on Set this program as default.

regards,
John
Photo of Kellie Cockerell

Kellie Cockerell

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the reply.  That computer doesn't have Outlook, just the default mail app.  We may have to look into updating the email on that computer.