Quickbooks Accounting 2010-11 license reactivate problem

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Cache problem on my pc after recent crash and repair is causing problem with reactivating my license, what can I do
Photo of Toni Whyntie

Toni Whyntie

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Toni,

If your getting an error about the cache wizard page, close QuickBooks, open Windows explorer and go to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\ Shared\ and delete the 2 files called ActWzd.html & lcgn.html.  Open QuickBooks, open your company file and try to activate.  The files you just deleted will be recreated and you should be able to activate.  If not then have a look at these other solutions. http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=1951 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Shane.
Photo of Toni Whyntie

Toni Whyntie

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Shane, much appreciate your simple and straight-forward instructions.  It worked a treat.  You get a big tick.  Hope your boss appreciates you.  Regards  Toni
Photo of tojosan

tojosan

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Hi Shane,

I am pulling my hair out with this same error message.  No one seems to be able to help me but your solution seems to make the most sense.  However when I open my files the 2 files mentioned are not listed.  I'm thinking they may be missing.  Can you throw any light onto this??

Much appreciated.  Joanne

Photo of Data Rec

Data Rec, Employee

• 8,382 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joanne,

If you are encountering problems re-activating the QuickBooks 2010-11 licence using the online activation method, you may need to contact our Customer Service Team.

The server that the program is trying to contact may no longer be active.

* Data Recovery Team *
Photo of Cwf Workforce

Cwf Workforce

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
hi joane ,
i have downloaded Quickbooks file doctor couple of months ago and it solved some problems try it its soo easy it will diagnose most of the issues 
Photo of tojosan

tojosan

Thank you. I will give it a go.
Photo of tojosan

tojosan

Hi Cwf Workforce, I tried QuickBooks file doctor but it told me it could not detect the problem. Thanks anyway. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Photo of Cwf Workforce

Cwf Workforce

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
did you choose work station or server ?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.