Quickbooks Version 7.4 for Windows conversion to Quickbooks for Mac

Options
Steve_6723035
Steve_6723035 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I currently have my Company data captured using Quickbooks Version 7.4 for Windows and would appreciate advice on the most cost effective way to continue to use my Company information on my recently acquired iMac. My main priority is to acquire the most cost effective Quickbooks for Mac version which is compatible with my current data - I am not particularly concerned with having all the latest Quickbooks release features, rather just to have a compatible Quickbooks for Mac version.
 Many thanks. Regards Steve

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello Steve,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

We do not have a desktop version of Accounts Business (as Australian Quickbooks is now called) for MAC.  

Our solution for MAC users is Reckon Accounts Hosted, an online solution that is accessible from a MAC.  See http://online.reckon.com.au/ReckonOnline/OnlineHosted/Home.aspx for more details.  

If you wish to remain with a desktop product and use your MAC then you will need to load it onto a virtual machine like Bootcamp, Parallel or Fusion.  Many users are successfully using such a configuration, but I must warn that there may still be a couple of incompatibilities due to the virtual environment and the MAC pc.  

Hope this helps you make your decision.

regards,
    John

• Jan Mitchell
    Jan Mitchell Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi Steve,
    I'm interested in how you went with the Mac and Quickbooks as I would also like to aquire a Mac and was wondering if I could successfully combine the 2 or otherwise buy MYOB which is compatible with Mac.

Hope you can give me an update.

Thanks  Jan
  • John Watt
    John Watt Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I have been through this problem. 4 Years ago I acquired a US version of Quicken that was able to import all of my Windows Quicken for Business data (except shares) onto my Mac. Had reduced functionality but worked well until Mac updated its operating system.

I have trialled and purchased Reckon Accounts 2013 and and a Software program called Crossover. 
    I have imported all my old Quicken files and operating on Mac OS X 10.9.4 without a problem with Reckon now. 

In order to import my old account files I first had to rename them as Property and Debt otherwise they would not import. 

I may be missing some functionality that I am not yet aware of. The only glitch so far is inability to print reports as PDF and have to first print hardcopy then scan. The PDF function appears, but any report prints into the never never.

As an aside, I also purchased "Quicken Essential for Mac" whilst in the USA. I can report that I found this program useless for my purposes and would not recommend it to anyone.