Quicken 2008 asking for unknown password

Dave Gale
Dave Gale Member Posts: 5
I have been forced to upgrade to a later version of Quicken, as my windows 10 will not accept legacy files.  I was told I would have to use Quicken 2004 as an intermediate step, and was sent a trial version.  I converted all my files to 2004, but Quicken 2008 could not open them.  However, it appeared that Quicken 2008 is able to recognise the orginal files, but is asking for a password.  I just lef the entry blank but still cannot open any files.

Comments

• Dave Gale
    edited April 2018
    No, cannot open the 2004 file.
  • Dave Gale
    edited August 2019
    Back up.  Sure, but it will act the same.
  • Dave Gale
    edited April 2018
    No, please tell me more.
  • Dave Gale
    edited April 2018
    Reckon offer a password removal service?  Then why did they just not do that rather than send me to this forum?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    To clarify, did your original data file have a password?
    Did 2004 ask you for a password or did you yourself apply a password at any stage at the 2004 level?

The password removal service that Kevin has mentioned does not apply to Reckon Personal as it utilises an altogether seperate database hence why you may have been directed here to the Reckon Community.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• QuentinFeduchin
    QuentinFeduchin Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    I need a temporary password for CashBook2004.
    Reckon told me to come to the Forum. I want to read my 1990s backups to bring them up to date, as I currently use Reckon Personal Plus 2013.
    I guess that the reply you mention above, about a 'password removal service', probably refers to me also, since Reckon did not offer it to me?
    Any idea how to get into CashBook2004, since the password that I used to have (having used Quicken since 1992) is long gone? I'm guessing I need a password from some kind soul who no longer uses theirs, right? How would I get a hold of that?