Quicken 2012

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I have Quicken 2012 running under Parallels Desktop on a Mac. On the same machine I have a separate Windows partition with Quicken 2012 installed. I wish to transfer the license key to the Windows instance and remove it from the Mac instance. How do I achieve this? Alternatively what is the upgrade path that accepts my Quicken 2012 data file and maintains my reports? Thank you
Photo of Matt

Matt

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Matt, great questions.

Two part response...

• Uninstalling from original machine (in this case Mac Parallel) and installing to the new machine and refreshing the license will do the trick - You will need to contact customer service to complete registration (1800 RECKON).
  • Reckon Personal Plus 2015 or Reckon Home and Business 2015, will accept your data. This is dependent on the version you are using currently. i.e. Personal &/or Personal Plus 2012 > Personal Plus 2015. 2012 Home & Business > Reckon Home & Business 2015. *Note: Personal & Personal Plus 2012 can also go into Home & Business - if those features work with you.

You can also try to install a trial of 2015 and test it out. If you want to trial it with your own data, make backups to use on the trial - once a file has been upgraded it cannot be used in an older or lower version.

Trial can be found here >>

Let me know how you go!